Stop the NFL From Coming to Canada

Help Save the CFL Sign the Petition

To: Canada Government

We the Fans of Canadian Football League,
Would like the Government of Canada to Block The NFL
From having a Team Move or Play Games in Canada.

We Feel this will Destroy the CFL and the Canadian Game .
It will cost jobs and Destroy a Peace of Canadian Culture.

Please Stop the NFL From Coming To Canada.

http://www.petitiononline.com/2168T/petition.html

IN CANADA

We CFL fans do not have much support from the media. There is no voice stronger to oppose the NFL than our own. We are hundreds of thousands but we are not united in voice. What we need is a none-political «ORGANISATION» that will defend our football. In fact, I think it’s the only way. Find I name, get a Website. All the CFL fans can get the news and give suggestions. Open a membership. It would be nice to have a sponsor that would offer an office space for this purpose. We have to act now before it’s too late.

If a picture is worth a thousand words….

What in gods name are you talking about? Office space? Are you planning on some taking on a full time job of spreading CFL propaganda lol?

Good work guys! We are with you 100%!!

Hey mods…help!

...ok lebird, here I am, what is it you'd like me to do?...

BRAVEHEART!!!!

merge or move. Thanks

hopefully when the nfl comes here, they can clear some land by the waterfront, and build a new 83,000 seat stadium by the lakefront condos. Also hopefully they get a young franchise type player like darren mcfadden, pat white, glen dorsey, anquan boldin, noel devine, and austin scott.

All that for a NO Fun Football....

See the NFL reality on page 4.
The money is in the NFL but the show is in the CFL on page 5

I looked at the petition and whoever started it, should edit if for content.
There are a lot of immature idiots signing it and using profanity. and bashing the CFL.
I just have this to say to those who did that: Grow up you jerks

It may be all over for the CFL. But then again why should Ottawa fans care, we have no team.

This is your reason???

GOOD GOD PEOPLE!!! YOUR LEAGUE IS OVER 100 YEARS OLD AND HAS SURVIVED THIS KIND OF STUPIDITY BEFORE! STOP WITH ALL THE WORRYING AND HAND WRINGING ALREADY. THE DAY YOU LOSE THE CFL IS THE DAY YOU BECOME A SUBURB OF THE U.S.!

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

edited

CFL Can survive if there is no CFL team in toronto, And it should open new teams in some American Cities, possibly merge with the New league starting down there., But with the Canadian Dollar going up vs the u.s. there Could be some NFl stars who could be signed, to play up here, :thup: :cowboy:

Merge? You must be joking. That's not a solution to anything. And it will be a cold day in hell before the CFL tries again in the US because it only takes a season or two down here before the calls for rule changes start.

The CFL needs neither US expansion nor approval to be successful in Canada.

I would be afraid the NFL would try and turn the CFL into a farm league.

http://www.flexfiles.blogspot.com

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2400/1660101392_f454a7c48f.jpg

Football doesn't run out of Ontario. The best fans are probably here in Saskatchewan, Winnipeg and Montreal. Sure you lose Toronto but aren't we supposed to be expanding soon? Put team in Quebec City or Halifax or try Ottawa again. We only need one more team i'm sure we can make it happen.

The only explanation I've seen to describe the belief that the league might fold if the NFL came to Toronto isn't in regards to attendance, but to sponsorship. The writer (I forget who now) figured that the league's major sponsors might lean more towards advertising with the NFL than the CFL, reducing the league's overall revenue.

Maybe. But I don't think it would be to the degree that it kills the league.