Stop The Insanity!!!

It seems like every time the Tiger-Cats lose a game, shortly after the final gun sounds, this message board is flooded with overly emotional Tiger-Cat fans calling for players and coaches heads to be stuck on pikes outside of Ivor Wynne Stadium.

Take a deep breath people. I don't know what you were expecting.

The team has two new coordinators, new players at key positions, a young quarterback and just a generally youthful team being led by what is essentially a rookie head coach.

Sure there were some problems out there tonight, and we all would love to see the team get off to a great start, but the CFL season is 18 games long. There are going to be ups and downs, winning streaks and losing streaks, close games and blow-outs.

I know we all want to see progress and after what was a rough first quarter, we got to see a little progress.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather see the Tiger-Cats peak in September and October rather than July and August. I am not saying these games don't mean anything this time of year, but I would just rather see progress in an upward trajectory as the season progresses rather than downward as the season closes.

And there is nowhere to go but up from here.

Ok, you can resume complaining now!

• paul

Well stated.

Oski Wee Wee,

I can not agree more!

A win !!! so far in 2009 Ticats are 0 an 3..

Last time I checked the league doesn't count pre-season games. Hence the name PRE-season.

The Ticats are 0-1. And guess what, 4 other teams in the league are going to be 0-1 after Friday night's game as well.

Oh the horror!

• paul

THE HORROR!!!!!

YES...THE HORROR!!!
This is not a normal team...or normal franshise...
This is the laughing stock of Canadian sports.....they are NOT 0 and 1...but 0 and 1, and 3 and 15...and 4 and 14...and 3 and 15 and 5 and 13.....they are a DISGRACE

PATIENCE?!!????? NO ONE HAS MORE THAN TICAT FANS!!!!

The problem is not the "whiners"....but they will be a problem when they stop whining....when they stop caring....when they stop posting on her because sooner, rather than later, they will no longer care....it is hard to care for this mess...

Were going to bet the living crap out of BC in our next game :roll: :cry:

We are not going to stop until it gets fixed.

I am sorry but new coaches, new players, new coordinators, rookies, new to the CFL, IS ALL GARBAGE EXCUSES! This is just the same excuses the last 3 or 4 years.

I am sorry but every other team in the league gets new coaches and new players and we see like the only stooges in the league who can’t find any good players.

We are all frustrated, we go through and offseason and the teams gets hyped up and everyone gets excited but we still play the exact same way, bad line play and penalties.

We have a right to be upset, we have won 10 games in the last 3 years. We have all the right in the world to say what we want. We want a winner. Period!

I am not trying to be the defender of all things Tiger-Cats, but as Duane Ford pointed out today, the Tiger-Cats are 0-1. Most of the players and much of the coaching staff has little to no connection to the teams of the last five years that have been the laughing stock of the CFL. To draw a connection between those terrible teams is a disservice and insulting to the current group of players that comprise the 2009 Tiger-Cats.

To say that this one game was a must win or winning early in the season is going to erase the recent history puts waaaay too much pressure on the current group of players. The only thing they should be concerned with is the present and future. Getting better and executing the plays the coaching staff calls for.

That's it.

They don't owe you or me anything.

I am not asking you to agree with me. I am just saying take a day or two to relax, decompress and come with some constructive criticism and feedback before you throw a brick through Tom Clements window.

• paul

How do you know it was ME who threw a brick through Tom Clements' window?

(Boy, were we spoiled in those days!!)

Save it Paul, they don’t care, it seems their only purpose in life involves bitching and moaning about something related to this franchise… either the team itself, or the atmosphere around it… they will NOT be happy until they have cried about everything, right down to the Junior TiCat cheerleaders!

We Suck!

I don't want to instigate you, as negativity has a tendancy to overpower positivity, but what do you suggest they do?

I honestly want to know. What do you know that the professional football operations staff has overlooked over the past five seasons?

I am totally open to suggestions. As I am sure Scott Mitchell and Bob O'Billovich are.

• paul

HUH???
Seriously?

That's who we are .....bitchers and moaners....???

WE ARE THE LAUGHINGSTOCK OF CANADIAN SPORTS.....take comfort in that my friend.....you don't seem to mind!

Just for you! Click here

paul i think the thing is though that your post coulda been used after the first game of any one of the last 5 seasons. i agree with you that people in ham. hit the panic button way too quick but can you blame them? the same can be said for mtl and cal last yr though right...difference is they closed the gap on learning fairly quick. must mean they had the right guys to get it done.

stewy

That's a little dramatic don't you think?

You are a fan of a team in an 8 team league in Canada.

Someone has to lose, it just so happens for the last five seasons the Tiger-Cats have lost the most.

It's not the end of the world.

Trust me, during the course of a game that the Tiger-Cats are losing, I am very unpleasant and it affects me physically and emotionally.

But once it's over and I go to bed, the sun still rises, my family still loves me, and my job still pays me.

Not the end of the world.

Maybe it is for you, but not me.

• paul

Would you agree with the statement that the CFL is a quarterback driven league?

Next question, what would you identify is the biggest difference between Hamilton, Calgary and Montreal?

I will give you one guess... and it's not the nationality and experience of the head coaches.

• paul

Please provide a link to prove that… THEN I will care

Love it, thanks!