Stop the "Bring him to Hamilton' chant

Bring him to Hamilton ...???

Today it's Jeff Hunt, a promoter who has done good things in Ottawa.
Yesterday, it was Coach Kent Austin, fired by the Argos.
On any given day, it's the latest player released by another CFL team. Like, somebody else's reject could suddenly become our saviour. This includes Montford, yesterday's player.
Tomorrow it will be a cut from an NFL camp.

We have so many self-appointed and self-anointed experts on here, it's surprising the CFL doesn't comprise twenty teams with so much high quality advice available.

People, I'm no expert, and neither are the many who profess to know what they're talking about.
Give it a break!!! Guys who really do know what the score is are on top of the situation.
If God is good to us, we won't hear that "Bring him to Hamilton" chant every time somebody falls off the turnip truck.

Amen to that Wilf!

Replies might be awhile coming in Wilf, everyone under 40 has to look up the term "Fall off a Turnip Truck" :smiley: :smiley:

Hey now there's an idea.... Bring God to Hamilton!

Ok Wilf, you have a point, I did the Jeff Hunt thing today, I apologize.

But please, please, can I do just one more "bring him to Hamilton", just one? Promise, no more, honestly.

Hmmm, how about lets bring the Grey Cup to Hamilton? Ok? It's not really a "him", more an "it". I don't think this has been discussed recently here, has it? :smiley:

JFL - I think that Bob fits the criteria, don't you? :wink:

Not only is there nothing wrong with posting "bring him to Hamilton" suggestions whenever you see a talented person who becomes available, but these are very important suggestions.

They counter-balance all the competing "chase him out of town now" suggestions.

;-)

Thanks Wilf!
we sound too much like Leaf fans! :o
go habs go!!

We should bring some none complainers to Hamilton
Boo hoo people want change
suck it up princess

Good point Bob. But, is Mr. Hunt a better choice than our own Mr. Dean?

Or would he be a better choice to work with a new ownership group in Ottawa - a city he knows intimately?

ps: one of our best posters on this site, TCTD, DID make mention in the off-season about a certain QB with the initials R.W. that's now playing on our team... lol

Caretaker wrote:

They counter-balance all the competing "chase him out of town now" suggestions.
Too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we carry this argument to its logical conclusion, we would have a "Bring him to Hamilton thread" on EVERY warm body that became available. And, to counterbalance that, a "Run him out of town" thread on everybody presently associated with the team.

I don't think that is your intention. But, if you really want that kind of input on every warm body out there, what is the point of hiring knowledgeable people in the first instance? I have been retired for 14 years, but if you're looking for people to simply measure public opinion, without expertise, I'm available.

If we carry this argument to its logical conclusion, we would have a "Bring him to Hamilton thread" on EVERY warm body that became available. And, to counterbalance that, a "Run him out of town" thread on everybody presently associated with the team.

I don't think that is your intention. But, if you really want that kind of input on every warm body out there, what is the point of hiring knowledgeable people in the first instance? I have been retired for 14 years, but if you're looking for people to simply measure public opinion, without expertise, I'm available.

Actually it is my intention. It is the debates themselves that make these forums fun and entertaining. Rest assured we won't implement all the suggestions made in these forums, but we have as much fun reading them as everyone else does.

The beauty of public forums is that you get to judge people by the quality of their ideas and arguments, not by some physical attribute. So 12 year olds can debate with 72 year olds, and the rest of us get to judge their ideas solely on the basis of the intelligence (or lack thereof) exhibited in their posts.

I'm very supportive of posting -whatever- good idea you'd like to discuss. If it is not a very interesting idea you'll find it will fade into obscurity quickly as other members will tend to ignore it.

So, I have been publicly spanked, by no less than Caretaker himself.
It is now official policy to allow this forum to be cluttered up (my wording)with inane (my wording) posts that serve no purpose other than to proclaim the lack of intelligent thought being given to entries.
Best if I now retire from this place, so that caretaker and his minions can concentrate on the multitude of wise suggestions available to them here.

Wilf,

Please don't take anything you read in a public forum so personally.

What in my post could be described as "spanking"? All I did was disagree with your argument. You are welcome to disagree right back.

So no need to re-retire. :wink:

Cheers, Bob.

First Mark, then Wilf...

Who's next? Crash? Miller91? AJB1? cattmann77? borehamgirl? BobYoungFan? ronfromtigertown? Mikefromthehammer? oski-oui-oui? sigpig?

There are many fans on this site that already feel alienated. I would hate to see ANY of these people become so disgusted that they would want to leave.

Wilf, as for disagreeing with our Caretaker, and having a meaningful, adult, CIVIL arguement about your subjective views, I believe that is what the term "debate" means...

Wilf, I will personally give you a spanking if you leave this forum. Now enough of this talk because I haven't spanked anyone for a very long time, of the same sex that is, might be interesting. Don't take that the wrong way though, this spanking is strictly to cause discomfort and pain. :smiley:

Wilf, I'm authorized to offer you a contract over at www.argofans.com if you DO come out of retirement again.

I know what your saying about growing tired of such threads Wilf, but it's sort of what being a fan and a member of a chat room is all about. You discuss anything you feel might benefit your team. Sure it gets a little tiring seeing 2 or 3 threads each day on someone new, but you'll find those diminish when your team starts winning more.

I'd only be tired of the threads if everyone agreed that person "X" is the great saviour. Instead, the threads allow reasonable discussion to the pros and cons of both the saviour and whomever would be replaced. Often the concensus becomes "take a pass and stick with what we have".

Wilf...get your butt back in here! :cowboy:

Or else woody is going to lay a wicked spanking on ya also!

I cooking up a real original and intelligent "chant"........give a me a few decades.

:-)