Stolen from a 15 yr old topic

So I am watching classic game between Sask and ED 1990 and wondering where Sandusky is. I forgot that he went to Seattle for a season before returning to Ed in 91.

In thinking of Sandusky, I was once again reminded of the absolute worst trade anybody ever made in any sport in any league IMO. Still produces pang of pain and anger.

the following:

Dunigan for Sandusky, Stumon, Francis, Braswell, Taylor, and Blugh
In June 1988, the Lions traded with the Edmonton Eskimos for Matt Dunigan. While Dunigan served the Lions well, leading them to a Grey Cup appearance in 1988, the Lions gave up too much for him and the trade was so poorly negotiated. What was supposed to be only a 3 for 1 trade turned out to be a 6 for 1 trade. After receiving Jim Sandusky in 1988, the Eskimos then received Gregg Stumon, Andre Francis, Jeff Braswell, Reggie Taylor, and BC's 1989 first-round draft choice, Leroy Blugh in 1989. Having lost the core of their good defensive players, the Lions had a horrific 7-11 season in 1989 while the Eskimos had a banner 16-2 season

grrrrrrrrrr

2 Likes

Sandusky was a Seahawk for 2 seasons before returning to Canada, but y an awful trade. The parameters of the trade were even more weird. The Loins got the player right away, while the Eskimos had to wait to the following season to get theirs. Bizarre only in the CFL Type moments from the 80’s that will hopefully never return

1 Like

Isn't that more like a 34 year old topic?

I stole a quote from a 2007 topic in the lions forum

1 Like

Ah.. understood

Some trades are brilliant...some well you know, like this one

I don’t remember the details of this trade but will take your word for it.

I don’t agree that this was the worst trade ever though. That might be a topic for another thread if it hasn’t been already.

Two other horrific trades that come to mind are the California Golden Seals being fleeced by Sam Pollock for the first overall pick that turned out to be Guy Lafleur. I believe Montreal gave up a bag of pucks in that one.

Worse yet was the Dallas Cowboys scamming the Minnesota Vikings for a ream of draft picks for tin foil hatted Herschel Walker. That trade gave Dallas three Super Bowl titles in four years.

3 Likes

tin foil hatted Herschel Walker.
Excellent foreshadowing to today is it not

2 Likes

His tin foil hat goes perfectly with his tin foil sheriffs badge .

2 Likes

This is going go south quick and get locked

Are you saying we should abort this line of conversation?

1 Like

:rofl:

Does it really matter ? It's a thread from something that happened over 30 years ago . :lock: :closed_lock_with_key:

1 Like

So what?
Im a thread from something that happened over 50 years ago, and I'm still releva..... oh. I see your point.

1 Like

:rofl:

Why it might even go as far south as perhaps even Georgia . :banjo: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes