Still Want to Talk About the Defense?

Offense- fumbles, interceptions, can't push the ball in in the red zone
Defense- can't stop second and long to save their souls, sloppy tackling
Special teams- outside of the kickers, haven't been special for years
This team isn't near good enough!

This is NOT on the defense, one would have to be a mental midget to think so … the issue remains the offense needs to score 25+ and the defense needs to keep the opposition under 25 point, which is the average points per game in the CFL.

The offense has been over 25 points 5 out of 12 games. For the so called top two offense this is pathetic! That’s 41% of the games the offense has scored 25+.

The defense has allowed over 25 points 3 out of 12 games or to put another way 9/12 times they have held the opposition to 25 or less.That’s 75% of the games the defense has allowed 25 or less points.

One would have to be a simpleton to blame the Esks woes on the defense. The offense just has to score some bloody points, it’s the CFL … pouting up 30 every game should be a norm for this offense given the talent, wide field and rules that favor the offense.

you need to learn how to disagree without insults.

specially when you are wrong :slight_smile:

I listed what I thought are problems on all 3 sides of the ball, not just the defense. Guess I'm just a simpleton. :stuck_out_tongue:

DPop13 needs to stop using any terms such as mental midget and simpleton immediately. Should just not be done, that’s all.

Hey, I'm a big boy, I can handle it. Some people just get a little wound up. I've been known to tell the TV what I think more than a few times! ;D

Absolutely will not, if you don’t like … don’t read it. You have choices in life exercise them.

its against site rules to speak like that about other posters.

Do you want people to start reporting you?

anyhow. A minute and half to go in first half and the D caves again

and hence I am not … so suck it up!

As I have said under 25 by the defense and over 25 by the offense and any team in the CFL should win. Good thing the defense has come up with 3 turnovers in half, but myopic rose color glasses and all. Let’s see if the Offense can adjust in the 2nd half and actually score more than 6 points in the back half. Something they have had trouble doing in 5 games this season and it has cost them 4 games.

and the D strikes again, giving up a big play for a long TD

well, over 25 for the O and also over 25 for the D

I fully expect the D to give up enough to lose this game, again

Yup and the Stamps D is sucking out loud too giving up 41 … focusing on the wrong suck-age again!

Take away #5 by the Eskimos defense! Wooooooooooooo! and knuckleheads said what?

Oh did Glenn Suitor just talk about the Offense inconsistencies .... I like when the offense is pissed off at their play in the 2nd half this season and become accountable with their play ... 17 points in the 2nd half and 48 points against the Stamps defense ... now that is what an offense 1st team should do!

Woooooooooo #6 turnover by the the ESKIMOS DEFENSE! Knuckleheads said what?

Ohhhhhhh Whaoooooooooooooo #7 turnover by the Eskimos Defense! Knuckleheads say what?

they can get all the sacks and turnovers they want, at the end of the day, its how much points you give up.

Cal D had a bad game, they still the best this season. Edmonton D, not so much.

Cal O had the ball for only 25 minutes and ED D gave up 591 yards. Way too much.

Now that was a game for the ages... last play of the game and the hail mary ALMOST connected..luckily the 4 defenders ripped the ball out of his hands in the end zone

You are hilarious … you took the bait hook line and sinker … I know you are a country person who likes to argue … I say left you say right … I say black and you say white …

So I say turnovers and you immediately discount it and say its points that is the true measurement of a defence which was my original point. So thank you for agreeing with my original point!

As I have already stated, going into this week the offence only have scored 25+ 41% of their games and they have choked primarily in the 2nd half. Last night the offence was finally pissed off enough to open a can of whoopass on the so-called best defence in the CFL, but more importantly, they did not go to sleep in the 2nd half even though all their points came in the 3rd Q (17) and none in the 4th Q.

The defence has allowed 25 points or less in 75% of its games coming into last night including the Stamps. Would I have prefered fewer points given up by the defence over all the turnovers, yes. However, both offences were kicking the snot of the defences, the Esks offences just embarrassed the Stamps defence more. Of course, you are ignoring that fact. The reality is yards and TOP only matter if you can finish and the Stamps didn’t …just like the Esks offence has had issues with this season. Without the Reilly fumble on the Calgary 5 yardline , the Stamps are down by more than 20, never get back in this one. The Stamps get very luck Reilly didn’t secure the ball properly because those points finish the game.

Having typed that two things were clearly identified about the two defences … the Stamps defence can be bullied and Duke Williams beat the snot out of the Stamps secondary. Teams will now test the toughness of the Stamps secondary over and over again, initiating contact and physically abusing the Stamps DB until the fold like they did last night.

Second the Esks secondary played a lot of cover 3 once the Esks were up by 10 or more and that allowed for yards and TOP, but also to turnovers.

No luck … that was just a good football play with triple coverage. Grymes, Woodman and Maston all ripped at the ball and it was very difficult for Brescacin to hang on in that low percentage play. 9 out of 10 times that play is incomplete due to triple coverage and the DB’s punching out the ball.

That’s what a cloud prevent is for … protect against completing the long ball. They did a good job on that play.