Steve Mariucci mentions CFL

There Even Talk NFL Network will Start Airing CFL Games Soon.

Goodell said yesterday that due to the Bills playing the 5 regular season games in Toronto, that there would be no other NFL games in Canada for at least 5 years.

where did you hear this? or is that sarcasm, cause it’s really hard to tell over the comp

Wow , 05, you surprise me sometimes. $250 for ONE game is ludicrous. Toronto NFL fans will snap them up though, and you have marvel at such idiocy. Season tickets for the Riders are just over $400, so why would I spend an extra $250 for one game? It makes no sense. Add to that they have to buy the whole package and its what, $2500? If they are paying that much, they must getting free food or beer at that price. I wonder if those fans that buy in will feel ripped off 5 yrs down the line.

How are they putting the Argos, Cats or Als in jeopardy?? Explain that one to me, because you are right, I don’t get it. I dont see how a league that survived for almost 100 yrs is all of sudden going fold because ONE NFL team is playing a few games in Canada.

LOL

Go ahead!

We are Rider fans here. You can play some NFL games here, but NOTHING would make us lose our RIDERS PRIDE!

Three lame pre-season games in August, and another five in December after the CFL season is over... how is that going to hurt the Argos? :roll:

Like people are seriously going to abandon the Argos so they can go watch a mediocre team at best play a pre-season game that means absolutely NOTHING!

Folks:

I think one reason Mariucci knows the CFL is I think he had a brief CFL career in the late 70's as a backup quarterback. He set several passing records at Northern Michigan, and I thought I read that he played a couple years as a reserve quarterback in the CFL. The Jeff Garcia connection is part of it too.

Tommy

I don’t understand why people are surprised that Mariucci would know of the CFL. He’s been in football his entire life. There probably isn’t a head coach, GM, or people previously in those positions who doesn’t know the CFL exists.

Waht I wish is that people would stop getting chubbies every time the CFL is mentioned by a Mariucci or Chris Berman on NFL Countdown. It’s embarassing.

How could you be surprised that a former NFL head coach, for Detroit (literally Canada’s closest neighbour), knows the CFL.

All NFL coaches know the CFL. It is part of their job to do so.

lol, right on Chief, only Torontonians could get pumped up about the perennial loser Bills, after all they pay an arm and leg to watch the Maple Laughs.

Anyway, Mooch, is one of the good ones and it’s always nice to hear something positive from “big brother”. It beats the heck out of some of the dribble that that abusive ass clown Thiesman has spotted in the past.

Yeah, go Berezin! Let's get rid of everything American. Let's start with the aweful Cleveland forward pass, that has ruined our beloved Canadian sport. Then no more imports, so we truly can be 100% Canadian, and be truly minor. I am ashamed that I got to watch terrible, boring Americans like Flutie, Pinball, Dunigan, feel free to add your fav players here. While were at it, lets close down the NHL, especially the American owned Montreal Canadians. I'm also gonna stop shipping to the U.S., even though I need to feed my family and they are my #1 customer, my daughter will understand.

I just renewed my Argo seats even though I like the NFL too. If I could afford the Bills prices I would go. Nevertheless, go for a walk tommorrow, it's going to be over 10 degrees and leave the hardhat, stungun, government issued emergency kit at home, you'll be fine. :slight_smile:

He was in training camp with the Ticats in 1978, lasted about two weeks

Yeah, I'm an American, I guess I can't support anything Canadian anymore. No more trips up to Montreal to watch the Al's or to watch the Bruins go against the Habs. Also, on my Buffalo trips I will make sure I stay in Buffalo not in Niagara Falls. I wouldn't want to commit treason against my country. I'm no Benedict Arnold. By the way we want the blue jays back. :wink: Let's just turn back the hands of time.

Just admit you posted something stupid. Both countries benefit from each other. We may not always agree with each others policies, but we make it work. This whole Bills playing in Toronto is not going to destroy the CFL. Whenever I go out to Buffalo there are a ton of Canadians there. Do you know how much of an economic impact an NFL game will create in Toronto? you will have more Americans heading over to watch there Bills play.

We don't mind American players or fans coming to Canada, we just don't want their teams to move here.

Pete, I don't see how "tons of Canadians" going to Buffalo or more Americans coming to Toronto to watch the Bills is going to prevent the NFL from destroying the CFL if it puts teams in Canada?

CAmi=Camaro? I dunno ... makes a bit of sense.

kel

The NFL will never put a team in Canada. Don't forget there is no team in L.A. I don't see commissioner Goodell sitting in a room thinking how can I destroy the CFL. Are you not confident enough that even if there was a team in Toronto the CFL wouldn't survive? Last time I checked the CFL and the NFL styles are different. Polls show that Canadians are more into the CFL game anyways. I'm confident as a CFL/NFL/NCAA/Arena fan that the CFL will survive no matter what the NFL does.

actually damon allen played his college ball at Cal State Fullerton which no longer has a team allen pitts and mike pringle also played their in college.

If that were to be true, i’d have to remind you of the canadian things you would also no longer have. First off Canadian Football predates american by several years so i guess the NFL would be gone. No basketball, so no NBA, and no hockey (NHL), or lacrosse NLL. You would have lots of baseball tho. Lots and lots of baseball, probably have a lot more soccer fans. Telephones might be a problem tho, and therefore internet and networking.

Don’t forget the light bulb, so good luck with those candlelit Baseball games.

Do u happen to have diabetes, well no insulin for you cuz that was invented in canada.

Five Pin Bowling

Wonderbra

Pacemaker

Robertson Screw

Zippers, no levi’s for you.

Electric Wheelchair, sorry americans you gotta use your hands.

Poutine

Cobalt 60 bomb cancer treatment

Java Programming Language

Instant Replay (no fancy replays for NFL)

Walkie Talkies, good luck winning those wars without those.

Electron Microscope

Radio Voice Transmission, no howard Stern, no radio shows, no FM revolution.

Electric Oven

Alkaline Long lasting battery (no energizer bunny, no duracell)

Paint Roller, good luck painting your american dream home without one.

Electronic Music Synthesizer, no a lot of things.

Green Garbage Bag

Snowblower

Skidoo

Marine Screw Propeller

Plexiglas

Sorry just had to remind you that i think we attribute a lot more to the current standard of living in both the US and Canada and around the world then almost anybody else. Sports included.

Haha…Great Post! You forgot one thing that us Americans fell in love with, Ice Road Truckers on the discovery channel. Thats got to be Canada’s greatest contribution to American entertainment.