Steinberg's MMQB: Sizing up the competition

I’m not breaking news when I say the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are the best team in the CFL. After Saturday’s 35-28 win in Calgary, the Bombers are 8-0 and also happen to be the two-time defending Grey Cup champions. Until proven otherwise, Winnipeg remains at the top of the mountain.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/08/01/steinbergs-mmqb-sizing-up-the-competition/

If Ottawa started the game 0-6, and only played one game, they can’t be 1-7. Other then that good article.

2 Likes

That's true. Steinberg should've used a more complex mathematical example to prove his point.

"If a train leaves the station in Ottawa at 6:00 PM travelling west at 60 Km/hr AND at the same time a train leaves the station in Toronto travelling east at 80 Km/hr... Andrew Harris probably picks up more yardage."

Nobody would bother to question THAT statement. :grin:

4 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

“ but they aren’t going to be Grey Cup Champions today.”

Well Bo that’s because there is no Grey Cup Championship today. However they are in fact the current Grey Cup Champions, including today.

2 Likes

When the Calgary Stampeders bring their "A" game, they are the best team in the CFL. :100: I strongly believe the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will not win a 3rd consecutive Grey Cup. :thinking: The Bombers should be able to finish first in the West division. :exclamation:

P.S. My bold predictions are based on the fact that all the above starting quarterbacks are "Healthy" for the 2022 Playoffs. :kissing_heart:
Begelton_Reggie-Week 8 2022

/rofl

1 Like

Yeah. I almost spit out my coffee when I saw Aceguy's post. He's got a pretty good sense of humour. :grin: