Steinberg's MMQB: Quarter-mark breakout stars

With the wraps on Week 4, we’re officially one quarter of the way through the 2021 season.

Good and bad, there has been a ton to sink your teeth into thus far. Included in that is a number of standout performances from relative CFL newcomers. I’ve got five that have caught my eye and that I’m really excited to watch as the season rolls on.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/08/30/steinbergs-mmqb-quarter-mark-breakout-stars/

I think a casual mention of that ‘new guy’ in Calgary who (in just his second game!!!) set a club record for consecutive passes and nearly won his second start in a row… you know, um… the guy EVERYONE is talking about right now who so seamlessly replaced Bo Levi Micheal and looked every bit as good if not better than Zach Collaros… the name will come to him. :thinking:

This message is for head coach Paul LaPolice of the Ottawa Redblacks. Would you consider trading Avery Williams to the Calgary Stampeders for quarterback Jake Maier ?

This is ‘Pretend Head Coach Paul LaPolice of the OttawaRedblacks’, and my answer to you (after careful consideration) is… ABSOLUTELY F***ING YES!!!

1 Like

Can you throw in Antoine Pruneau to sweeten the deal ?

1 Like

When you mention Marc Liegghio getting the last laugh on Rene Paredes you forgot to mention Liegghio was awarded a practise kick to get that 45 yarder because he and the Bombers violated the time clock. His first try was a miss.

For who?

Maier was definitely Hands down better than Collaros! His stats during that game was better than that “has been” Collaros. Better completion ratio for more yards and more passing attempts! Maier is a QB to keep your eye on as he is climbing up the hierarchy real fast.

3 Likes

I don’t know how you guys keep pulling QB’s out of the hat like that. :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: