Steinberg's MMQB: One question for every East team

It’s hard to believe, but we’re here! Welcome to Week 1 of the 2022 pre-season.

We’re also just over two weeks from the start of the regular season. Yep, I think it’s officially time to begin previewing the coming season, starting with one question for all four East Division teams.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/05/23/steinbergs-mmqb-one-question-for-every-east-team/

My question is for the East as a whole. Can you finally go over .500? It's been a lot of years now that the West has kicked Eastern butt at the end of the standings day. Recent years have been showing an upward trend towards equality with their Western counterparts, will this year be the one they claw their way back to parity or better?

I think a lot of teams, East & West, are going to be in around .500. I'd be surprised to see a 15-3, 13-5 club like we have the past few years. A betting line I've seen hasn't got anyone higher than 10 wins on the over/under. I'm expecting a very competitive league this year with the top club maybe @ 12-6. Injuries, of course, will play a factor but at least there are pre-season games to test drive your newbies.

That would be most excellent in my books. Tight games & tight standings beat blowouts/meaningless games any day. Something has got to be on the line to keep us on the edge of our seats. Imagine if every play counted up until the last whistle of the season? All it would take would be for Ott/BC/ EE to steal a few points from last years leaders. Here's to a great 2022 season.:sunglasses:

I think the really big question for the Ti-Cats is can they keep Dane Evans healthy. He has missed a bunch of games every season injured, and no experience to speak of to back him up this year.
There are three other guys in camp Shiltz is one but if the past is any indication whoever their backup is will start this year at some point.

1 Like

With many teams having productive off-seasons – I too anticipate closer than normal win/loss records in both divisions. The battle for the final playoff spot (crossover) could be riveting this year – with all playoff teams having a .500 or better record (just like last year)!

Let's hope we don't have a strike at this late date. Fingers crossed. Not looking good.

1 Like