Steinberg's MMQB: Best case scenario in Calgary

The quarterback situation for the Calgary Stampeders could have gone a few different directions this off-season. But, now that everything is settled for the 2022 campaign, the best-case scenario played out for everyone involved.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/01/10/steinbergs-mmqb-best-case-scenario-calgary/
1 Like

100% the best decision for the Stamps, hopefully now, smart enough to filter Maier into games regularly.
I did take note, however the writer of this article did properly/ purposely refer to them as Maier and Mitchell........ No longer "Mitchell's team". that in and out of itself says a lot

And in the second half of the story I couldn't agree more.

Go Bombers Go!

1 Like

The Author meant nothing by printing Maier before Mitchell. Shame on anyone who thinks otherwise. Make no mistake the Stamps QB is Mitchell and a few setbacks means nothing to the Winningest Duo of Hufnagel & D. Dickenson. Injuries happen and those jealous other fans who put BS before reality will be laughed at come Jun.
As for Collaros , who is getting to retirement age, one good hit and he is out for the season. The Bombers have had their day in the sun and now this season another team will get their turn.

I would take that up with the writer. They used to call the Stamps Mitchell's team.....not anymore. Maier & Mitchell is what is printed.

I remember how often the Beatles were introduced as Star, Harrison, Lennon & McCartney. :upside_down_face:

The Author meant nothing by printing Maier before Mitchell. Shame on anyone who thinks otherwise. Make no mistake the Stamps QB is Mitchell and a few setbacks means nothing to the Winningest Duo of Hufnagel & D. Dickenson.

1 Like

If it is anybody's team it is John Huffnagel's and/or Dave Dicken's team.
The Author knows alphabetically Maier comes before Mitchell ! Could be because the Author was just talking about Maier so kept on with him. As I said could be many reasons it was printed that way! D. Dickenson knows who his franchise QB is not some CFL reporter or some jealous and ill informed fan from another team with an ulterior motive about a QB who has proven valuable many times to the team he plays for.
Nobody is stating the Bombers is Collaros' team! How Come?
The Author also mentioned Stanley Bryant & Hardrick before mentioning Collaros as players to get resigned. Does that mean Collaros is less important than Bryant or Hardrick. Maybe Collaros isn't going to be Winnipeg's Starting QB anymore. Or maybe O'Shea is going to let Collaros go into free agency by going after Bryant and Hardrick first. Maybe Bombers can't afford to pay Collaros his demands. Anyone can read what they want from what is written. But only someone with an agenda would twist things to make their own opinion a fact without logic or proof.
Your not a Stampeder fan so why make such an outrageous statement?

I'm sorry, I wasn't attempting to slander the Stamps, all I said was "I did take note". That is at least in my opinion, a compliment to Maier. Perhaps your next 5 plus year QB. Please look in my activity, I recently congratulations the Stamps for that signing.

Not everything is anger, unless you twist it that way.

Good on 19 for restructuring but he has a ton to prove this year mainly if he’s still capable of throwing accurately with some zip on the ball.
Dickinson also has much to prove if this team does not finish higher and go further in the playoffs I suspect this will be his last year in cowtown