Steinberg's MMQB: A few burning questions

Plenty of questions have already been answered as we approach week three of 2022 free agency. We know Jeremiah Masoli landed in Ottawa. We found out Calgary was able to retain both Bo Levi Mitchell and Jake Maier. And Andrew Harris and Kenny Lawler have been Winnipeg’s salary cap casualties after two straight Grey Cup titles.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/02/28/steinbergs-mmqb-a-few-burning-questions/

I’m going to give Steinberg a pass this morning. There’s a lot on everyone’s mind besides football right now. So I’m just going to assume that this is one of those To be continued articles. I appreciate the little tidbits he’s trying to feed us during this agonizingly slow period between Free Agency and the draft in May. It could be that all those other ‘burning questions’ he has rolling around in that brain of his are being rationed on a weekly basis. This IS after all the CFL and to be honest not a lot happens up here between now and May. Darn it.

We don’t have a daily soap opera going on up here like in the NFL where Tom Brady’s burrito choices come under close scrutiny even though he’s retired. By the way, that sausage, bean and hot pepper combo would give anyone the urge to make a comeback (or a trip to the men’s room). Will Brady need an industrial strength antacid or will a simple fire extinguisher suffice? Now THAT’s a burning question.

2 Likes

Jeff Daniels has stated that has happened to Clint Eastwood also when he was a young actor. He was dating a Hollywood starlet at the time. Daniels said he encountered Eastwood on a charity golf tournament. Daniels thought Eastwood was going to razz him about him being a dramatic actor taking on a comedy role. Daniels was surprised by the story and Eastwood laughing about his experience. Eastwood said the starlet and him never had another date after that

1 Like

(Is Nick Arbuckle Edmonton’s guy?)

It could be that Chris Jones just wants to go into camp and see which QB works for and earns the job as starter. It may even be he's looking to make a trade. Or, it's a combination of all that and more and doesn't want to declare Nick, or anyone now as the starter, and then have to make a point of explaining later why that has changed. I know if I was coach I wouldn't want to declare anything, unless I absolutely had to. The players aren't children whose parents are complaining about the playing time their kids are receiving.

1 Like

I’m trying to picture Clint Eastwood plugging his girlfriend’s toilet while on a date. I can ALMOST see him standing in front of the offending throne with a Colt Magnum Plunger in his angry hands:

“I know what you’re thinking. Did he plunge six times or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I’ve kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a Magnum plunger, the most powerful plunger in the world, and would blow your pipes to pieces, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: “Do I feel lucky?” Well, do ya, punk?” (seconds later the scared toilet unplugs)

1 Like

“Left turn, Clyde”. Any Which Way But Lose

1 Like