Steinberg's MMQB: 3 burning questions ahead of the CFL Draft

We are just over three weeks from the biggest date on the off-season calendar: the 2022 CFL Draft.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/04/11/steinbergs-mmqb-3-burning-questions-ahead-of-the-cfl-draft/

The Philpot twins would look good in BC but highly unlikely both go to same team IMO. Is there a team that needs 2 Nationals with their 1st 2 picks? BC, for example, have Cottoy & Petermann & could add a Philpot but have other needs as well besides receiver. Very unlikely a team is going receiver with both picks IMO. Fun question though.
Luketa? You got me. I'm hearing this is a weak draft beyond the 1st 2 rounds so I expect he gets picked up no later than the 3rd round. Who knows?
I'd be shocked if Jones passes up Richards considering his skill set is a perfect fit for Jones. The dinner & the slight nod of approval he reportedly gave him at the combine speaks volumes. Who has dinner with a draft pick prior to the combine & then selects someone else?

Should read " team that needs 2 National receivers with 1st 2 picks".

The only thing that seems to keep Luketa from going earlier in the NFL draft, is that no one knows where to play him. He can be a 3-4 SLB, 4-3 SLB, could be a 4-3 MLB? You would think versatility would be a good thing.