Steinberg: Roughriders ready to take on Goliath in WF

When the Riders walked off the field after outlasting the Calgary Stampeders in Sunday’s Western Semi-Final, their job was only just beginning. After earning Craig Dickenson his first playoff win as a head coach, Saskatchewan’s next challenge is a road game against the CFL’s wire-to-wire best team in the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/12/03/steinberg-roughriders-ready-take-goliath-wf/

The powerhouse Tiger-Cats of 2019 was the best team of that season and were superior to the Bombers in almost every positional category and yet, the Grey Cup win eluded them as their breath-taking offence failed to ignite.:dolphin::fish::tropical_fish: Beware Bombers.

Bombers came back from the cancelled season exactly how they entered it: As the best team in the league. If they can go 12+ months without playing and still perform, I have ZERO concern that they can come into the WEST final game looking just as good as that 45-0 win vs. BC on OCT 23.

24-9 BOMBERS WIN

2 Likes

The 2019 Ticats were nowhere near superior to the Bombers in almost any category. The Bombers have a better QB , better receivers, better running backs, a better Oline and a generationally awesome defence, the likes of which hasn’t been seen in decades. I am not saying the Bombers can’t lose but your statement just isn’t factual.

2 Likes

Don't worry. It's more than crossed our minds in Wpg. Optimistic, but for long time fans who enjoy the whole CFL, we know the history of dominant teams in playoffs. Personally, I think Osh has kept them grounded.

My heart is hoping for a rider win but reality is they will need much more than luck to do this task .. bombers should win... The best I can say the game still has to be played and I hope to pleasant surprised with the outcome

1 Like

I think we agree that the Riders can’t beat the Bombers on talent alone, no matter how well they play. But the Bombers can beat themselves with turnovers and penalties. Any team can in a one game winner take all. And as you say, the game still has to be played. If it was only academic the Bombers would have been awarded the Cup in October.

1 Like

On this site, we already did that for Calgary, remember? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I had forgotten that for about five days. I expect to be reminded soon.

1 Like