Steinauer to Fresno State

Orlondo will be the new DC under HC Jeff Tedford

Congratulations to him. Nice to see young Coach succeed !

Ouch, this is a shocker! Huge blow to the team!
What is going on here First Condell and now Orlondo???

[b][i]Orlondo Steinauer will be the new defensive coordinator of the Fresno State Bulldogs.

The 43-year-old Steinauer has been the defensive coordinator of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats for the last four seasons but will join the staff of former B.C. Lions head coach Jeff Tedford, who was named head coach of the Bulldogs on Nov. 10.

Steinauer was considered one of the top head coaching prospects in the CFL and as a possible target of the Toronto Argonauts if they decide to part ways with Scott Milanovich.

A Seattle, Washington native, Steinauer player 13 seasons as a defensive back in the CFL, with Ottawa, Toronto and Hamilton winning two Grey Cups. He spent three seasons as a coach with the Argos before joining the Ticats.

Steinauer was under contract with the Ticats for next season, having quietly signed a contract extension early last season. However, the deal included a out clause if an another opportunity presented itself.[/i][/b]

[url=http://3downnation.com/2016/12/14/ticats-orlondo-steinauer-new-defensive-coordinator-fresno-state/]http://3downnation.com/2016/12/14/ticat ... sno-state/[/url]

If so, how is that a step up?

congrats to coach O, well deserved. what now for the cats?

Gold on coach O. Looking forward to an aggressive D Coach. Sometimes a change is good for all parties.

Maybe because it's warmer there?

This probably explains it best.

Mark Fulton ?@FenderGuy69 58m58 minutes ago
Coach O had only 1 move upward in a 9 team league. Goes to a much larger pool with way more $'s. Smart! He'll do well.

Scott Mitchell ?@ticatmitchell 1h1 hour ago
Congrats to Coach Steinauer. Great coach and better man.Did an outstanding job for us. We will miss him but proud and happy for him. #ticats

Congrats to Coach O and his family. If there is an upside for Cat fans, maybe Orlondo can send a few Fresno grads in Hamilton's direction. :smiley:

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

Just like a player leaving the CFL to go to the NFL - if you are offered more money it's a step up.
Get's paid in $US with a lower cost of living, lower housing costs etc Probably a family decision too.
Maybe he will be back some day as a HC.

If he was going to the Arblows, It would have hurt more.
I would rather see him in Fresno

Does Coach Reinebold automatically move into the DC position??

He finally got fed up with Cat fans referring to him as "Orlando".

Why does it need to be a step up? His contract is up and would need to be resigned. Basically he's a free agent and could go wherever he wanted.

I think both of the Creehan guys are available to coach. Bring them in for a look.

You do not want either Creehan anywhere near your team.

You also don't want Reinebold coaching defense either. We had him as our DC in 2012 and it wasn't great at all.

Good luck to Steinauer.

Actually he was signed for one more year

"Steinauer was under contract with the Ticats for next season, having quietly signed a contract extension early last season. However, the deal included a out clause if an another opportunity presented itself."

I think with Condell and now Steinauer gone in a little more than 6 months we have to ask ourselves is this really an Austin personality problem we have here!

I consider myself corrected. I was operating under this info:

"Coaching staff: Vice-president of football operations and head coach Kent Austin has three years remaining on the extension he signed before this season so he isn’t going anywhere. Defensive co-ordinator Orlondo Steinauer’s contract is up and he is expected to be a candidate for head coaching jobs, particularly if there’s an opening in Toronto, but left the door open for a return. If Steinauer leaves, one option could see special teams co-ordinator Jeff Reinebold take over the defensive reins. Offensive co-ordinator Stefan Ptasek is under contract for next year."

[url=http://3downnation.com/2016/11/18/early-look-2017-hamilton-tiger-cats/]http://3downnation.com/2016/11/18/early ... iger-cats/[/url]

That is an awful idea. Our D was soooooo bad under Creehan. Stay away from our team.

Doubt it. Coach O seemed to love it here, just time to take a better opportunity and more money.