Steinauer Released

Goood point. I was quite critical of the secondary last year and have seen improvements in this squad. The biggest problem the D has is no pass rush and that’s what needs to be addressed.

Forget it!

He is 35 years old, and past his prime.
The only way I would consider picking him up, is if the Boatmen pay his salary ( won’t happen, 'cause this was a salary dump), or we are contending for a Grey Cup ( we would be lucky to make the playoffs).
Next -

:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

I think Steinauer has something to prove!!!
Pick him up for at least the rest of the season
he will prove toronto wrong!!!

So what? the guy is 35. He can still play football. What about, Favre for the Jets, 40 and still can play his position better than most. I say, if we can sign him for the rest of the year, let`s do it.

The time is now, to get this team turned around. We need to start winning games because more than likely, there will be a crossover from the west. Therefore we need second place and an improvement on defense.

As amazing as it is, the Ticats are in a playoff race. One spot for 3 teams right now so Steinauer in a 1+1 deal is a no brainer.

Great leadership and the guy can still play. 75k a year is a bargain to bring that kind of leadership to a young backfield.

I agree,

Zeke and Steinauer in the backfield is a good combination. If we tighten up this defense. we have a real good shot at second place!! :thup:

Moreno is the toughest MLB in the league but he's also one of the weakest against the pass. Stein is the oposite. This is a good fit for him and the Ticats.

Pass rush can be partly fixed with an NFL cut.

Any help is good help for this team!.As for money yes it does creep its head back in there! All I know I said the same for woodcock as in to get him in here and look at him! He makes a a real good leader!

One 35 year old player on defence is not the end of the world. He could be an asset. With his experience, I'll bet he can add a lot more zing to the backfield.

Although I love to see Steinauer as a cat again, I think we are finally starting to see some heart and development on the defense and should not mess with it. As well, so Steinauer comes in,Glasper is out where does that put us for the next year and the year after that?? We are trying to build a franchise here in Hamilton for the future.

And, in addition to that, with no pass rush to speak of, it doesn't really matter who you've got in your secondary, eventually they are going to get burned. Priority must be given to finding some decent pass rushing defensive linemen.

Of course were trying to build a future. Barker will be the future at the position. I don`t see any harm in signing Steinauer for the remainder of the season. The Cats have an opportunity to finally make some progress and believe it or not with a 2-6 record, make a run for the playoffs. This team needs wins now. So sign him, if you can.

Steinauer can now apply for a personal training position at Curves, which he would no doubt get, seeing how he's played safety like a girl all year.

We don't need a 35 year old safety who has forgotten how to tackle, people.

That’s about my only concern too. I like Steinauer, but I think the timing is not right.

Are we really lacking that much at the safety position? I think not.

It’s not like we still have Wayne Shaw.

OUCH!, That is -1 point to CaptainKirk’s corner for the low blow!

But I agree, I think he is the only player that has ever drove me to contribute in the daily bashing when the “Cut This Player” thread was up and running. LOL

Craig Yeast?

Woodard - Thomas - Manning. Do these players names ring a bell?

Actually I think I stayed away from his page. Shaw just drove me insane tho and I couldn’t take it anymore. lol

But we still have Beveridge…

we don't need a 35 year old safety

we hardly have anyone over 30 on this team

we need our young guys to play and develop

it's tough sitting on the bench watching a veteran play

these guys have to play

i know we are 2-6 and on the verge of being in second place but we need to face reality, this team is not built for this year or next year. it's built for 3 years down the road when we'll be able to make the playoffs consistently and have a winning record year in, year out, like bc and mtl

the big off season move will be getting a new coach this year, it won't be about signing veterans over 30 years old

i love charlie but i think the cfl game may have passed him by, he took over a super talented montreal team in the late 90s built and coached by other people (ok, he was the oc but the talent level was really high) he was almost like cito with the jays, just a figurehead

i'm talking like the season is lost but we are going to be competitive in the last 10 weeks but still have stinkers

i am looking forward to receiving my 25% off but i hope that we make the playoffs

"I am not a pessimist or an optimist. I am a realist. Not being a realist is only fooling yourself!"