Stay...the course, Taffee should stay...

After watching the Ti-Cat…Montreal game I came away with different thoughts regarding the Head Coach.
Now I know that a lot of folks ’ myself ’ included have been saying…fire the Coaches, etc, etc. But by watching the game, with-out wearing my emotions on my sleeve, I did in fact, for the first time in several games…see what some other folks on this forum, are taking about.

Taffee had a lot of interaction with the other Coaches on the sidelines. Adjustments were made through-out the game, on both sides of the ball.
The Players ( for the most part ) played a decent game, and did not quit… fighting back.

The play-calling from the O/C and the D/C ( with the exception of a zone defence play at the start of the third quarter ), I though was much improved, over the last few games.

With a few more adjustments with personal…on the O-line, and the D-line, our Cats, will no longer be the basement crawlers of the CFL.

That’s what I saw…anyway.

And as far as the season being lost…already, as some fans are stating ? I think not.
In 86 the Cats started 0 and 5…then went on to win the Cup. Not saying that is going to happen this year,
but, I think some of us, at times forget…that we are not the armchair Coaches and QB’s experts, that we think we are, and need to look at the bigger picture. :thup:

Cheers.

Great Post I agree

"After watching the Ti-Cat..Montreal game I came away with different thoughts regarding the Head Coach.
Now I know that a lot of folks ' myself ' included have been saying...fire the Coaches, etc, etc. But by watching the game, with-out wearing my emotions on my sleeve, I did in fact, for the first time in several games...see what some other folks on this forum, are taking about.

Taffee had a lot of interaction with the other Coaches on the sidelines. Adjustments were made through-out the game, on both sides of the ball.
The Players ( for the most part ) played a decent game, and did not quit... fighting back.

The play-calling from the O/C and the D/C ( with the exception of a zone defence play at the start of the third quarter ), I though was much improved, over the last few games.

With a few more adjustments with personal...on the O-line, and the D-line, our Cats, will no longer be the basement crawlers of the CFL.

That's what I saw...anyway.

And as far as the season being lost...already, as some fans are stating ? I think not.
In 86 the Cats started 0 and 5...then went on to win the Cup. Not saying that is going to happen this year,
but, I think some of us, at times forget...that we are not the armchair Coaches and QB's experts, that we think we are, and need to look at the bigger picture. Thumbs Up

Cheers."

Great post...

And this is the beauty of discussion boards. Conflicting opinions may be shared... even extremely strongly conflicting opinions*.

• mine

PF5SSCFZGW44EEC

Sorry guys,

I dont agree. Charlie is 4-24 with the Cats. He has talent on this team and yet, I believe it is under utilized. I dont think there is enough coaching adjustments. In the third quarter after Montreal scored on the opening drive, and Hamilton responded with a scoring drive of their own. Special teams, and defense start self destructing again. Before you know it. It`s 37-18 with 6 and half minutes left.

Things, such as conceding safeties. Punting the ball with under 3 minutes left and losing by 2 scores is coaching. We don`t have it.

At half time, were trailing by 4 points and Taaffe says, Hopefully we can come back and win." Hopefully" he has no confidence or direction for this team. With the exception of Danny Mac. Our coaching staff is lousy.

Time for Obie to clean out the coaching staff and find long term stable coaching.

even extremely strongly conflicting opinions
I agree, Mark. What makes it so difficult, to be positive about where the team is going this year, has more to do with the past several years...rather than focusing on what is happening this year....and I think that is a mistake, made by others, and myself included. This is not last years team...we are looking at. Cheers.

Isn't Charlie 4 and 20?

He won't be 4 and 24 for 4 more weeks...give him a break.

I respect everyone`s conflicting opinions.

But, I am looking at this year. We are falling into the same pattern. After playing a good game against the blue team. 4 straight losses. We are regressing again. If you look at the Montreal game. There are so many coaching blunders. I really cant understand Taaffes logic. I don`t believe in starting over with this team.

We have the players. I just think Obie should start looking for suitable coaching. So that might take a month, ( who know`s? ) but Taaffe and company look lost out there.

I don`t agree. Charlie is 4-24 with the Cats.
What happened last year...or the year before that, is not this year. A few more personal adjustments, ( with players ), I think is all that is needed. The team is getting closer, to the right group of playes, that will make the difference...between winning and losing.

Cheers.

"Personal adjustments" or "personnel adjustments" ?

Baseball players are best at "personal adjustments" I think...

The team should sell charlie taafe alarm clocks at the store! you set the clock to what time you want up and it wakes you up with a final gun sound like at the games.

personnel adjustments"
Thanks.

I stand corrected he is 4-20.

SJRiley.

I know it`s this year. But the same pattern is happening again.

I dont have a problem with our players. Just take a look at this years games. It`s the coaching that needs to be adjusted. Take a close look at last night, and you will see that the coaching is lousy.

Last year does have something to do with the present. Its obvious that Taaffe has had plently of time to prepare this team and yet, they dont look prepared whatsoever.

We tend to talk about adjustments during the game and half-time....but we shouldn't forget the week of preparation that goes into each and every game and that how prepared a team is usually shows in the first quarter.........

Why do we need to make so many adjustments in the first place?

We tend to talk about adjustments during the game and half-time....but we shouldn't forget the week of preparation that goes into each and every game and that how prepared a team is usually shows in the first quarter.........

Why do we need to make so many adjustments in the first place?

Because were getting beat every game. It looks like every other team is more well prepared than us.

Exactly

On the pregame show Charlie was quoted as saying that the team prepares hard every week and that - at game time - the execution isn't there.

This is an odd statment. If the quote was true then the coach IS blaming the players. Presumably, all that he needs to do on the sidelines is to remind these forgetful players of what they intended to do in the first place. Adjustments aren't required.

Perhaps it's true. Perhaps our players all have defective memories. I don't know. It's as likely an explanation as anything else that I've heard on this board.

PF5SSCFZGW44EEC

But did they have fun?
That's the important thing.

"Personal adjustments" or "personnel adjustments" ?

Baseball players are best at "personal adjustments" I think

Also..baseball players dont lose games because of having too many men on the field.

I hate to think Cahrie and Obie do not get along. Making comments that we do not have the talent reflects directly back in Obie's lap. Woodard - Dyakowski - Thomas and Hudson - are just not talented enough to protect Casey. I can't believe someone actually though either of these guys could play. Could't last year so would it change one year later.