Statues for New Stadium

More sporting facilities seem to be erecting statues that honour persons or events associated with their team. For example the Edmonton Oilers have a statue of Wayne Gretzky raising the Stanley Cup.

If the Ticats were to commission such a statue, what would you like to see?

For me would be of Angelo Mosca lifting the Grey Cup to the Ivor Wynne crowd at the 72 Grey Cup Game.

http://media.thespec.com/images/a1/dd/c95109d147d99b9c777fcabc82b7.jpeg

I would go for that. It was on my 20th birthday!

That is a super photo I will say. :thup:

If they are indeed statues, expect them to be light and easily moved...

i'd like to see some statues of our past stars..not like the past few years when all our "statues" were our O and D lineman!!!!

What a great idea, and the perfect first player to be honoured in the perfect pose duplicating that icnoic photo!

(Or we could duplicate this photo :wink: )

With all the sea gulls floating around I would like to see a statue of former coach Dave Beckman! :lol:

Fred Eisenberger with his hands in the backpockets of whichever West Harbour developer was pulling his puppet strings.

Just joking, of course. :wink:

Seriously, I'd like to see a statue of the greatest Ticat ever, Earl Winfield.

that mosca moment is the first thing that came to mind when i saw the thread title.

side note; i really wish the ticats would go back to those uniforms - same as current, but add the white sleeves.

How about the entire city council who were responsible for the stadium dabacle! :lol:

How about Mayor Bob for saving the stadium from that clutch of clowns? It's looking like he may have to do it again!

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

No statue should ever be erected to honour this stadium, let alone Mayor Bratina.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTicR1Xo4X79fcVS90-a_LtqZqDCFAaRT1oXZAmTXt8w-cKDPZZjw

Captain, I LOVE this stadium. How do you feel about that and some of us that ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT? Does that bug you? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: I know you would like a Freddie statue and he deserves it perhaps, if it weren't for Fred, you wouldn't be getting this "high school" stadium in the first place. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you Fred! You da man!!! :twisted: :thup: :thup: :thup:

hahahahahahahhahaha - Fred's High School Stadium. Hey, how about that for a name? :stuck_out_tongue: Fred to be re-elected for Mayor, he brought Hamilton a "high school" stadium. :rockin:

Imagine though this "high school" stadium on the pristine and coveted and "holier than thou" West Harbour grounds? OMG, what then? hahahahaha

Ok Captain, better get a bite to eat, I could on with this forEVERRRRRRRRRRR. :twisted:

http://media.thespec.com/images/e7/7f/e87a3c8f41fda3949634934485a7.jpeg

"What did I say, I didn't say that, what did I say?"... hahahaha 8)

I respect the Captain a lot but I fear that he will still be going on about the West Harbour location decades from now.

You're probably right, (and I won't be the only one)

As far as this board goes, i try not to bring it up. When I'm mentioning WH here it's usually in response to someone else bringing up the topic first. If you'll notice in this thread, 3 others brought up the topic of stadium location/controversy here first.

My first post in this thread was about the statues honouring players.

Gotta love that Box J Boy's support of WH, though!! :wink:

Yes zen, I respect him as well but well, if he is using this site to discredit a Mayor, regardless who the Mayor is, then that is the wrong use of this site. Personally, I'm much more of an a....le than Captain, Captain is actually a very nice fellow from the one time I met him, and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of me so I'll fire away to have some fun with whatever he or anyone for that matter wants to post.
Now what's more accurate for headlines?:

a) The "high school" look of the new stadium or

b) The "city's shame" for having the "worst radiation waits in the province".

My wife couldn't care much about a) but as a worker in the cancer centre here in Hamilton and who works in the radiotherapy department there, she has some thought's about the "city's shame" headline.

When I started this thread, it was meant to be a discussion on ways to celebrate the history of the Cats and players. Not as another debate about the stadium, where it should be, what it should look like, who's to blame for what, etc. There are plenty of places on this forum for that.

Another suggestion for a statue, Ozzie and Darren Flutie after Oz kicked the winning field goal in the 1998(?) Eastern Final.

Bernie Faloney, the only player whose number the Cats have retired.

How about one player per daced

60s Faloney
70s Mosca's 1972 Grey Cup pose
80s Covington
90s montford
00s ?

Any ideas on who would best represent 50s and the decades prior?

( Was Faloney's number officially retired? if so, when? off the top of my head i remember Todd Dillon and Berine Ruoff wearing #10)