Statistically CLOSE season predicted

I am sure many of you are predicting a close season this year as the parody among teams seems very even. For interest sake, I did some stats on the most recent seasons for comparison's sake to this year.

In practice, a statistically close season would see most teams winning about the same number of games as they lose (e.g. 9-9 or 10-8 ). If that is the case then the differential would be very small (e.g. 10-8 gives a differential of 2 as would 8-10). In looking over all the teams records for each year, the league's differential can be calculated as can be seen below.

Differential

2005 - 40
2004 - 44
2003 - 56 (year Hamilton went 1-17)
2002 - 48
2001 - 28 (8 teams)
2000 - 31 (8 teams)

I will make a prediction that the league's differential will hover closer to 20 than 40. Any thoughts?

God bless you riderfinatic.
I hope it is a close season.I also hope the riders will be better this year.Since the riders got Joseph.The team is unstopable!!!
God bless you all!!!!

it should be very close this year, even closer than 2001, I'm predicting 2006: 25.

This year with 8 teams will see so much parity in the league, will be better than last year without a doubt, no Glieberman distractions!

That was very well said saskargo..to think some posters throw trash at you..
What were they thinking...lol

Comparing last year at this time to this year, we are, in deed, having a close season.
Montreal..........3-3(0)...........6-0 (6)
Calgary...........3-4(1)...........3-4 (1)
Sask..............3-3(0)...........3-3 (0)
Hamilton..........0-7(7)...........1-6 (5)
Edmonton..........5-1(4)...........2-4 (2)
B.C...............7-0(7)...........4-3 (1)
Toronto...........4-2(2)...........2-4 (2)
Winnepeg..........1-6(5)...........5-2 (3)

..............Total (26)...........Total (20)

As everyone probably expected, we are having a closer year.

[img]c://06.jpg

I think it is called duel or multiple personalities :twisted: :lol:

While some teams are having quite the “parody”, I think this post is more about the “parity” of the CFL this year :slight_smile:

Couldn’t let it go, I’m sorry :expressionless:

Not as close as we like becase Ottawa is out, but no matter.