starter

who thanks Mazzoli will be the starter for the fri game

Can't see having a $500k player as the QB clip-board holder. If Jones is calling the plays, I'm thinking Kent will want to see what Zach can do under Jones's direction.

Will not be surprised to see Jeremiah in for specific plays, sets, or series, but my bet is that Zach will be the main man and definitely the starter.

For what it's worth....I agree.

No way they will let Masouli start.

I agree with Palmer.

Just because masoli can scramble doesn't mean he's the solution. Collaros has a stronger arm and when given the time to throw, can make the smarter throw. Collaros is our guy

Putting in Masoli for one play (like we have done this year) is plane stupid. Does anyone remember the good old days of playing in Guelph. They had a package of plays specifically for Masoli as a change of pace and it won us those games. Why not try it again. Given the chance this guy can play...he has set a CFL for (I believe) was for the most completed passes in a row. He lit it up that day.
I'm not advocating for him to start, but if the offence is playing lousy, why not give it a go?

I'd rather have Wally Masoli starting if June Cleaver is calling the plays. 500K QB vs 50K QB - no brainer - play the 50K man - the $500K one can't get the job done. Let him sit and sulk and think about the loss of income when he's soon to be released.

1. I'm sure Mazzoli will "thank" you !! :wink: ??? LOL

Not gonna happen.
Only way Masoli gets in is if Collaros gets injured.
You can't just switch on a whim. Masoli to be effective needs a whole new set of plays and packages to take advantage of his skillset.
He also needs to take the 1st reps at practice, which doesn't happen if Collaros is still breathing.
He also needs to get the timing right with his receivers, so switching is out of the question.
It's not a $$$$ issue; it's a practical issue.
The Eagle - 8) 8) 8)

I'm happy to see Collaros continue as the starter. If he responds better to June Jones's play calling then we will all know where the problem is.
Collaros has not forgotten what he knew when Condell was in charge of the offence.

So wtf are they paying Patazak for holding a pair of binoculars ! Total BS fire his A$$

Unless you are part if the team ( which you are not) then you have no freakin clue what his true role is and what he's been asked to do. The Ticats were in a bind when Condell walked out and Austin thought that Patzek would be able to help this team. He left Mac thinking this was an opportunity to better himself and help a local team in need. He is a good football man. Maybe if we were running his schemes and not Austin's, things would be better. I feel sorry for the situation Austin has put him in.
Easy for you to sit back and criticize. ALL THE TIME!!!

If you're going to post such a ridiculous comment, at least have the decency to spell the man's name correctly!!!

Patazek may be a a nice guy and good football man but this is the pros and the offense is reflected on him. You say he left Mac "thinking this was an opportunity to better himself" ? how do you know what he was thinking? I understand that so many people don't want to criticize him because he was a local coach but obviously the lack of offense is a huge problem and the play calling is terrible.
They were quick to fire the "D" coach, but I think Patzek will stay until the end of the season with help from June Jones.
After this season there will be a major re-build with a new "O" coach, new QB and probably a lot of veteran players released.

"Unless you are part if the team ( which you are not) then you have no freakin clue what his true role is and what he's been asked to do. The Ticats were in a bind when Condell walked out and Austin thought that Patzek would be able to help this team. He left Mac thinking this was an opportunity to better himself and help a local team in need. He is a good football man. Maybe if we were running his schemes and not Austin's, things would be better. I feel sorry for the situation Austin has put him in.
Easy for you to sit back and criticize. ALL THE TIME!!!"

Exactly, Lenny.

We have plenty of criticism from people who have no idea what is REALLY going on.

Case in point was the release of Will Hill. Lots of those convinced that Austin was incompetent for putting him out the door.

Truth was the coach had to.

Unless we're in the dressing room, the coach's office or the meeting rooms, we have NOT A CLUE what is being done by whom, how or why.

Yes, we can speculate.

But to declare that a coach or player should be let go when we don't know the full extent of their deployment, is just ludicrous.