Starter....Maas or Eakin...?

Keep Maas as starter. Why would this even be discussed after today's game. He did not loose the game for us. Let us start with the TEN first half penalties.

I like Eakin just as much as anyone. I think he’s a great QB and that he will start in the CFL in the very near future, that being said, I think Maas needs more than one game to show us what he’s capable of. I’m not used to seeing him back there and it’s taking some getting used to (yes I miss Danny Mac so sue me), but he has an arm and nobody can deny that. I think he just needs a little more time to get used to the receivers. He seemed to be taking a little long to get the ball off but that could be partly because nobody was open. He’s our starter and until the Coach says otherwise he will remain our starter. What say we ALL get behind ALL our players (QB’s and kickers/punters alike), put personal biases aside and support our team? Too much to ask for? I know. I must have gotten more sun than I thought.

That’s a great post!
I just want to see everyone utilized this year to their potential…we have a crop of great players at every position and like a good game of chess we have to use everyone…

There is not one player on this team this year that can’t succeed …

What he said!

One EGG at Ya Michael!!!!!

And another one ......

C’mon Crash, don’t say that. Who is going to eat all the free food he gets on game days? Oh well, I guess they could always feed the pigeons and seagulls.

free food he gets on game days?
Sounds tasty....where do I go to get free food?.....point the way! :P :thup:

Mikey, you s*ck.

Get a life.

This isn’t high school football. It’s great to have the depth that we seem to have at positions but just because Eakin could be a great Qb someday doesn’t mean you need to stir the pot after one game. (which Maas did show he can execute our offence) We’re not holding hands here giving everyone equal playing time… That’s for house league coaches to do. Eakin is the back up. I like the kid and I think he will be great. But right now this is Jason Maas’ team.

I’m going to be brutally honest here with one thing. One game into the season and we have our first QB post. As a huge Danny Mac supporter I’m getting absolutley sick of of all this QB talk. This thread was completely offside. Everyone screamed for a new QB. You got one. Now I’m just as happy that we finally got an upgrade to Danny. It was long over due and a great move for the future. However, after one game, just one game we get “what if Eakin were to start” I can’t believe how brutal the fans of this team can be.

Looks like the gang of 5 has some new members!!

I didn’t think we we’re giving out applications.

:cowboy:

Did u authorize this Mike619? Mightypope?

:lol:

Glad to see ya posting with us again :thup:

Go Cats!

I’m so thrilled that you approve.

Must show restraint!?!?! :roll:

Yup lets run another QB out of town just like we did with Calvillo.

Mass completed 74% of his passes and threw for 240 yards. Had 0 TD's but that wasn't his fault. It was Ralph's. The only real mistake Mass made was choosing to throw the ball instead of running it out of bounds. You know when he threw his first INT.

If you ask me the stats were not bad. Not great but not bad.

Maas still needs to learn the new receivers and he has a lot of them to learn. A couple more games and things will be much better. Not a bad first game for him though.

i’m not even reading the rest of the posts:

Mikey, stop pulling this crap, Brady stunk last year, Eakin isn’t the saviour this year after Maas had one semi-solid game in which he threw two INTs, one of which where the WR zigged when he should have zagged.

The Bills thought the same thing to start Rob Johnson because Doug Flutie wasn’t “starter material” just a WINNER and a FINISHER.

It’s the CFL no one goes 18-0

"HIT ME..HIT ME...HIT ME

Oh, that feels good."

Three guesses as to who I am quoting

The first 2 don't count.

I must say that I'm getting quite a chuckle at the posts in this thread and the over-reaction to a suggestion about better utilization of our two great Quarterbacks. These guys were tremendous acquisitions by the Ticats and will be the backbone for this team for quite a few years to come hopefully.
I've watched Maas a lot in practice so far this year and he has tremendous accuracy especially on the short passes. Maybe next week we'll work on getting the long ball into the game more to guys like Flick who we know can light it up.

(one thing though.....Jason need to slide feet first as some of those tackles on him made me wince as his body and legs were twisted .....we need him healthy)

Anyways, have a great day all. 8)