Start Williams/Printers Poll

I have an idea.... Start Williams....

$500,000 for a QB who hasnt thrown a TD in 4 games????

WTF??

Blame the receivers, line all you want, but come on.... All of you out there give your heads a shake!!!

When my seaons went up over 100% I expected more than what Ive seen. Nice new stairs.... n security, that wont allow an umbrella on a rainy day...All prim n proper now...gimme a break!

Printers is not the problem. He is engineering drives and getting TDs.

We need the defence to get their fair shae of stops.

I think Pritners will throw for two TDs this week.

(BTW, it's "poll", not "pole")

the thread is titled start Williams/Printers pole and yet the actual poll is when will Printers throw his first TD.

What?

Nothing like straying off topic for somebody who STARTED the topic.

Printers Starts and throws his first TD pass Friday. Happy now?

Pole????
This is a dumb thread made worse by abysmal spelling.

Casey Printers did not raise your ticket prices 100%.

Casey Printers had nothing to do with not putting in "Nice new stairs." (If that's what you even meant.)

Casey Printers did not confiscate your umbrella at the gate, nor did he make the rule that you cannot bring an umbrella in to the stadium due to common courtesy to other fans. (And if you were able to get the umbrella in and were sitting in front of me, we'd have a problem.)

Casey Printers might not have a TD pass yet, but is tied for second in the entire league (including RB's) with 4 rushing TD's.

I love Williams....he's a great QB and an excellent back-up option, but Casey Printers is our starting QB. Enough said.

Too early to start williams yet, but I would say the lease on printers should start getting shorter.

Casey Printers did not raise your ticket prices 100%.

Casey Printers had nothing to do with not putting in "Nice new stairs." (If that's what you even meant.)

Casey Printers did not confiscate your umbrella at the gate, nor did he make the rule that you cannot bring an umbrella in to the stadium due to common courtesy to other fans. (And if you were able to get the umbrella in and were sitting in front of me, we'd have a problem.)

Casey Printers might not have a TD pass yet, but is tied for second in the entire league (including RB's) with 4 rushing TD's.

I love Williams....he's a great QB and an excellent back-up option, but Casey Printers is our starting QB. Enough said.
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote="-AMG-"]

I'm all for the end result I don't care how we get there! Printers is our number one QB! End of discussion!

love the arrogance of posters who try to claim their word as final :roll:

I love the ignorance of posters who have no clue what they're talking about.

The people pinning the blame solely on Printers, Moreno, McKay etc. obviously don't understand the game. I'm not talking about those that are asking for a better performance out of these guys, but the people that want to pull them, cut them, trade them etc.

Charlie and Obie have the "final" say, and if you told them to cut Moreno or bench Printers right now, they'd laugh in your face.

What about McKay? Would you bench him? By his own admission he isn’t getting the job done.

I like to think I know a fair amount about football from a fan’s perspective, and I wouldn’t say I would replace Moreno or Printers in the starting lineup, but you did mention McKay and that is one player I would certainly consider replacing. But he gets a stay of execution because of his passport.

• paul

Most of us know,

that its not Printers fault we have lost 3 games. The guy has done well under the circumstances. I think its the defense that has to step up, this game and start stopping apposing drives. ( like they did in T.O)

Printers has provided enough offence. He has been getting the team in the red zone. Let`s all forget about last game. (The whole team played lousy, but we can let that go). This will be a true test Friday. I think the team will show, that they are not last years club.

:lol: Agreed.

Aside from Adams (before the injury), who on the defensive line is getting the job done?

I’d really like to know.

McKay needs to be better…he obviously knows that, but maybe if we didn’t have so many other holes, he wouldn’t look so bad and he’d be able to make some plays.

If you’re talking about bringing some new guys in to challenge him for the spot, that’s different. Sure, why not?

But benching him right now like some people are saying? For who? We already have a ratio problem, especially if Lumsden misses any more time, so who takes his spot?

He is what he is…a pass rushing end. He’s not a run-stuffer, never has been. He gets double and sometimes triple-teamed in passing situations and hasn’t been able to make plays so far this season.

He is nowhere near the player that Joe Montford was. My guess is that everyone expects too much from him and when expectations are this high, it’s no wonder everyone is calling for his head.

I agree. Have we not learned from the last four years that erratic changes to major positions are not going to solve anything? Does anyone honestly believe that starting Williams will turn this team into some kind of powerhouse that will be throwing for 5 touchdowns per game? We saw it last year with Chang. Start Chang. YOu got your wish. Oh but that was against the best defense in the league you say? If he was a starter he has to be able to play against the best defense in the league. Richie is a decent qb, but he is not the answer.

I’ve said it time and time again…the bulk of the team is here for this year. The only way they are going to get better is to stick together and play together. There’s no superman out there as a free agent, and no one who’s being wasted on the bench that is going to walk in and turn it around. I think that was made painfully obvious last year thinking that Printers was going to be able to make an impact last year on a team that was in total disarray. The Cats haven’t played terrible this year. They got blown out a couple times. Move on. Practice. Play the next game. It’s not rocket science.

Agred

I couldn't care less if he doesn't throw a single touchdown pass all year, as long as we're scoring touchdowns. Against Toronto and Saskatchewan, they did. Against Calgary, they managed just two; but the problem was that every time we scored, our defence allowed them to get that touchdown right back on the very next drive.

The defence needs to tighten up. Printers is the best QB we've had since McManus was calling his own plays.

Our defence ain't getting it done.

Printers is moving the ball, but the offence has to do a better job of finishing, not just through the air.

I don't think anyone's season tickets went up over 100%.

Don't EVER bring an umbrella to a sporting or spectator event. Buy a raincoat.

We got Matt Stairs???

Williams couldn't tie Printers boots up!

Anybody who pays attention at this site KNOWS I am Richie's BIGGEST fan ... but there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to yank Casey Printers ...

It has been a long time since I have seen the PIGSKIN fly around the field like it has with Casey at the HELM ...

The MOST unfortunate thing about this situation is the RECENT HISTORY of the Tiger Cat organization ... it has put the FANBASE on Defcon 4 - Code Red default status ... This club is YOUNG, Casey has played EXACTLY FOUR (4) regular season games with his CURRENT Crop of WR's and SB's ... I know the term "GEL" has been thrown around this site for a long time BUT that is EXACTLY what this OFFENSE needs to do, and is in the PROCESS of DOING ...

For ALL the pi$$ing and moaning around here - what MANY fail to realize is that ALL goals (ie PLAYOFFS) are still very much ATTAINABLE ...

With a HEALTHY Jesse in the Line-up, and a HUNGRY ATTITUDE at HOME versus a wounded Eskimo squad a WIN is definitely a REAL POSSIBILITY this week ...

KEEP the FAITH, and get behind the ALL STAR TALENT of Casey Printers !!!!

Peace.