...start the FIX with this....

Not even close. . . I've heard of twins being born a few hours apart, but not 23 years apart. . .

Hey, just pretend we’re living in a Salman Rushdie novel and it’s all good. Magic realism fixes pesky reality quite nicely. :wink:

Why I am such a big Bishop fan?

All I know is that Bishop brought excitement to the Argos in 2007 that had been missing since Doug Flutie was in Toronto. In Fact in many ways Bishop is more exciting to watch than Flutie. Flutie would die for a arm like Bishop`s. Watching Flutie in the NFL QB challenge, Flutie openly admits that he does not have the strongest arm.

We all have favorites, Bishop is my favorite at the moment. It seems to be the case that people either love him or hate him. A lot of it is just demonization from the pundits. It may be in part because he sounds a bit like a punchy boxer to some? I have no idea why?

I hope we get to see Bishop at his best at some point before he is demoted, hopefully he is not demoted.

I AM A CFL FAN

Well we agree it’s a love/hate thing.

Does he have a strong arm, stronger than Flutie? Sure he does; even those who hate him concede that.

Is his bad rep because of the way he talks? I’ve never heard anyone suggest that. . . is it “demonization from the pundits”? I don’t think so.

More likely it’s just a function of the fact that he’s a career sub-50% passer with more interceptions than TDs.

Well, after a lifetime of experience I can safely say that agreeing with MadJack is no evidence whatsoever of being related to him; probably the reverse. :lol:

Magic realism interests me however. Is that where Mike Kelly’s offensive schemes have worked 1000 times?

Kenny Ploen is a Bishop guy, I heard him say so!

Easy there Papa. Your team is playing to expectations and you want to throw the panic switch?
Complain about blowing up the team before the season began if you want, but complaining about the results after isn’t the answer.
Personally, I’ve been impressed with how well your defence has played, and now you need a few pieces to the puzzle.
I don’t think bringing in Bishop was a great move, but you needed someone to take the pressure off Lefors–he was getting mugged out there. Kelly is a loon, but so far, I think he hasn’t done badly as a coach…

See Bishop at his best? Hmmmmmm.
Surprisingly enough, statistically speaking, 2008 was a career year for MB. And he was still beyond terrible.
Here is my theory. When after 11 years as a pro, the number one thing people say about him when asked for something positive is, “he was the runner up for the Heisman” it is time to acknowledge he is not a good QB.
As for being exciting, if by that you mean “likely to cuse a stroke”, then sure. If it is exciting watching the ball sail 20yards beyond the nearest receiver and thinking, “gee, I wonder who that was directed at” then great.
MB has all the tools. Big, strong, can run, can throw. Just all the tools are safely locked in the tool box, and nobody can find the key.
Suits was being generous in his comments in that game. And some thread from RF.ca ain’t gonna help your argument.

season is about done for the Bombers, this is the last chance Bishop will get in the CFL, and then back to where he came from, he will not be the savour for the Bombers if you think he will then you are on Fantasy Island, sure he can pick up a few wins here and there but consistency will never be there, Bombers need to fix this leaking ship real bad and quick, Kelly needs to go now Bauer has to admit he made a mistake with hiring this guy and move on. I can only see 2 or 3 more wins for this team this year.

Bishop is the best QB available.

Kelly will at least finish the season.

Bauer will step down or be told to at season’s end

This team will not win 3 more games

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly!

Unfortunately, this is what you get when you hire a position coach who’d been out of the league for 10 of the past 11 years to be head coach, offensive coordinator, and GM.

And uniform washer.

He probably tries to fly the plane on road trips too.

Lyle Bauer has to be (or should be) worried about his job security.

He hired this clown, without doing his due diligence. Other than a courtesy cup of coffee with Greg Marshall, he didn't interview anyone else for the job once he decided to tie the can to Doug Berry, and just annointed his chosen one as head coach. So if Kelly crashes and burns, as seems likely, the responsibility lies with Bauer for not even looking around to see who else was available.

So if, during the season or after, Kelly is released, Bauer should go as well.

Obie did the same thing in Hamilton, but so far it's worked out for him. He promoted Bellefeuille to head coach without interviewing any other candidates. . . so it was risky, but he gave him CFL qualified coordinators and assistants to work with.

So Obie gambled and appears to have won.

Bauer gambled and appears to have lost, big time.

And I don't believe that it reflects well on him at all to now be saying that Kelly needs help because he's taken on too much responsibility; head coach, QB coach, offensive coordinator. . . Mr Bauer, who gave Kelly all that responsibility in the first place?

That's right, YOU did.

what makes me laugh is they lose more games and Kelly blames the players and finds a scape goat and releases yet another player, so how much longer is this gong to happen how many more players are going to be sent packing because Kelly is not suitable for the job and i bet the players don't like playing for this guy, the Bombers were not that bad a team before this guy came into town and now he releases players like they are a dime a dozen, can't figure out how he is getting away with this, he will be gone after Labour day blow out. Probably the worst coach i have seen come into the CFL

Word was that it was one unhappy locker room under Berry.

I can't imagine it being any better now. . . there have been hints in some of the Winnipeg papers of player dissension and dissatisfaction with Kelly. . . wouldn't surprise me in the least.

And as for players getting released, if they lay another egg on Friday, I wouldn't be surprised to see Romby Bryant be the next one to be thrown under the bus (and be quickly signed by Toronto, lord knows they could use a receiver).

He'd look good as the boundary WR for Saskatchewan, too. Winnipeg can keep Adarius Bowman.

So far anyway, Bowman has out performed Bryant.

Bryant is looking like a one trick pony, ala Chris Brazzell.

Chris Brazzell had no tricks whatsoever.

Bowman has 15 catches, Bryant 12. Average yards per catch essentially the same. Neither has a TD. They don't appear to have stats for balls thrown to, or drops, so I can't comment on either of those.

Picking the better of these two so far this year is like trying to figure out which of two turtles is faster than the other.

I would not pin the blame on the receivers. There is no playbook or offensive game plan. No offensive coach to speak of. And no leadership. Even with a proven all-star QB this team will not be successful due to poor direction or no direction at all. The Kelly fan club has now shrunk. What happened to all those followers who stated in pre season that Kelly was the second coming of christ. Kelly has proven to be a far worse coach then Rhinebold or even Berry. Maybe at the next Retro game we should bring back Joe Zaleski.

You can't blame the receivers. Bryant , Edwards and Armstrong all had 1000 yard season (s) with an "albatross" throwing the ball and this year Armstrong wasn't even good enough to start for this team. Please anyone who dosen't see how poorly this offense is designed needs to pick up a simpler sport like lawn bowling...