stardust.......

Spacecraft bringing comet dust back to Earth

By David E. Williams
CNN

Thursday, January 12, 2006; Posted: 2:07 p.m. EST (19:07 GMT)

(CNN) -- NASA's Stardust space probe is racing toward Earth, carrying a tiny payload of cometary and interstellar dust -- particles that scientists believe are leftovers from the creation of our solar system.

If all goes as planned, Stardust will release the 100-lb. capsule carrying the samples at 1 a.m. ET on Sunday. It would enter Earth's atmosphere about four hours later and parachute to the ground in Utah at 5:12 a.m. ET.

Stardust has been in space for just shy of seven years and made three laps around the sun, traveling 2.88 billion miles (4.63 billion kilometers).

In a somewhat related event NASA has sold the negotiation rights for the stardust to the Ottawa Renagades of the Canadain Football League. "While we have many years of study to perform on this material" said Prof. David Weinstein of the Jet Propoulsion Labratories, "I suppose that when we have concluded our use for the material this football team will have 'first crack' at it, whatever that may mean". "Let's see the League Office try to stop this monumentous potential of infinite potential", noted Forrest Gregg, an executive representative of the football team speaking from his office in Wisconsin. "Yee Haw!", added John Jenkins, the team's Coach, "That's what I'm talking about!".

........slow news day, eh?.......

You have far too much time on your hands!

.....yeah you're right Sporty, but it's sure funny....

They can add this to the Dexter Manley file and who ever that Dead Player was that put on the neg list years ago!

....I can see the Rens.using this cosmic dust as their secret weapon next year....concealing it on their person...and then throwing it into the oppositions eyes.....sneaks....typical Glieb....ala Jenkins play.....how do you counteract this genius... :roll:

.....well papa, I don't know about the other teams, but the Esks could use the dust from their own Sugar Plum Fairy.....

....maybe the Rens. could ship some to Danny ....for lets see.....oh ... the rights to Tompkins.... :idea:

You know, we laugh about it but anyone remember Red Kelly when he coached the Toronto Maple Leafs and put Pyramids under the bench? They still lost but I remember the CBC cameras taking a pic of it.

wasnt that Red Skelton Sporty.......lol

stardust eh.....hmmm could be just the thing Hughie and the Evil Empire would like to get their hands....I heard they tried to get the space modulator but Bugs wouldnt return their calls........

Stardust...The Evil Empire...a dancing coach....You maybe onto something there Piggy!

...I remember Red Kelly.....one of my all time favourite Maple Leaf players....for some reason he always reminded me of Eagle Keys...the ol Sask. Riders coach.....they were two of a kind ....slow moving fellas who appeared like they were never going to go anywhere....but pretty successful.....don't know about Red as a coach...but as a player he was great...I'm sure Kelly would have been a believer in the 'special dust' for sure.... :lol: