Stanford Samuels

According to CFL Transactions Samuels removed from the practice roster. I would assume that he decided to leave on his own, seeing no chance to break into the lineup and feeling he can make more than $500 weekly in the real world.

As I wrote under "Als Moves", 2 "spots/places" on actual practice roster. Could a QB be added? A DB? A WR? Could LeRoy Van be added as a CB/RS?

We will/should know tomorrow.

Richard

NFL teams cut down to 75 on Aug. 31 & 53 on Sept. 3. So we will shortly see some player movement.
And Richard you probably know the date practice rosters go from 7 to 12.

While I don’t know the date -when practice roster can go up to 12,for 30 days- based on last season,I expect that it will begin in the last week of September.

Richard

I found this in today`s Winnipeg Free Press Bombers Report:

The CFL's competition committee will hold a conference call next week to discuss and set the dates for the annual expansion of practice rosters. Each fall CFL teams are allowed to beef up their PRs from seven to 12 players over a 30-day period, with no hit to the cap.

You would think they would have set the date by now in order to sell players and agents on coming to Canada.
A problem this year will be the UFL which allows players to leave for the NFL at any time, rather than having to play the balance of this season as well as next season if they choose the CFL. The option year NFL tryout allowance has been eliminated by the CFL.