Stanford Samuels ...suspended

....one of our cast-offs has been suspended by the Als. for refusing to take his physical according to the Mont. Gazette......hmmmmmmm if this is true and Samuels can't go.....i would say Kelly knew what he was doing on this one :wink:

Keep in mind this is Herb we are talking about...Now let's see some teams put all their kickers on the injured list with groin injuries. some teams just hold off on the physical to free up a roster spot...Papa.... :lol: U Crack me up :thup:

Keep in mind this is Herb we are talking about...Now let's see some teams put all their kickers on the injured list with groin injuries. some teams just hold off on the physical to free up a roster spot...Papa.... :lol: U Crack me up :thup:

Keep in mind this is Herb we are talking about…Now let’s see some teams put all their kickers on the injured list with groin injuries. some teams just hold off on the physical to free up a roster spot…Papa… :lol: U Crack me up :thup:

Looks like HfxTC snapped on that one Papa…
The story I read is, he was just late and had not taken his physical yet. So Kelly knew he’d miss his plane?

Far too little info one way or another to say whether Kelly 'knew what he was doing' releasing Samuels.

I read the Gazette differently, papa. Here's what the article actually says:

"He arrived late at training camp due to travel-related issues and hasn't underdone his physical yet."

[url=http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/blogs/thesnap/archive/2009/06/07/camp-begins-minus-four-veterans.aspx]http://communities.canada.com/montrealg ... erans.aspx[/url]

So, it does NOT say, as you suggest, that he was "refusing" to take his physical. It's just that he arrived late and hasn't taken it yet

...That is a definite ....hfxtc has snapped :lol: :lol: .....i've got him going....... he sure likes to try to stick it here....thought i'd return the favour...Strange that the Als would 'suspend' someone for missing a physical.......makes it sound like he's been put out into the 'hinterland'...lol...I know of a few players who had trouble getting across the border (and if that's all it is...tempest in a teapot) HOWEVER they weren't suspended...Maybe its just all in the terminology.....i guess we'll see once Samuels finally takes his physical.... :roll:

...ON ANOTHER TOPIC ....WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS SITE....it's moving slower than Darrell Hackney in the backfield... :roll:

Oh I suppose putting him on the suspended list means you can keep an extra body in camp for a day or two......

Slower than Hackney in the backfield.............LOL

To top it off, Anthony Malbrough has decided not to report to the Esks training camp.

Make that 2 for 2 for Kelly. :wink:

Has Malbrough given a reason for not reporting?

He's a DB, not a safety or a corner...........with Kelly Malveaux at one DB spot and Jason Goss at the other, my guess is that he realized his chances of being a starter in Edmonton weren't very good............but who knows.

Funny thing, Hall said he wanted Malveaux for the SAM linebacker spot, so Malbrough would have had a shot starting at HB. Bit of a head scratcher.