:stamps: Stamps vs :bclions: Lions game thread topic, Aug 12, 2023

BC would still take him. Collaros, VA, & Evans sounds mighty fine to my ears.

3 Likes

Prukop won that game. He is not good enough to be consistent like that yet…

…and the ground game Calgary used for its last win won’t get them a win in BC. Nor will slinging the ball deep like the Bombers did work.

1 Like

i’d trade the latter two plus 3 linemen for the first guy every day that ends in “y”.

2 Likes

You mean Brown?

clearly you didn’t see the part where Collaros torched the Lions for gazillion points on three plays.

i think you are referring to a different game than the last Lions vs Bombers game

1 Like

anyways i think this game will be close. Lions showed some holes lately that weren’t there earlier in season. i wanna see Betts drill Maier into yesterday. legally of course.

3 Likes

I want to see him drilled into last week (yesterday x 7).

2 Likes

busy football day. it’s hot out here and sunbathing atm but gonna watch Mr Rourke vs Cowboys before this game tonight. maybe i can stream nfl network out to my patio :thinking:
could watch cfl and preseason nfl all weekend

1 Like

gotta hope VA stays upright lol

1 Like

Prukop? Hmm. What game was Prukop…isnt he Bomber backup?

Didn’t Prukop play most of game after Collaros…
Brown just a bit?

Okay I just went over the 2023 rules regarding coach challenges. From what I understand coaches are allowed one challenge per game regardless of which half it is used. If successful, they can use it again. I’m not sure if not using it in first half means they lose it. Maaax could you explain please.

1 Like

Sorry, maaax.I re-read your earlier post. No reply needed :+1:

1 Like

That’s okay. Once most of us totally understand the challenge rule and grasp its nuances I’m sure that Randy Ambrosie will alter it yet again in some mind-bending way so as to keep us guessing. Most of our rules are best read while under the influence.

Dakota only comes in on short yardage situations. Sometimes he’ll stay in for a play or two but we generally keep him tied up on the sidelines for safety’s sake. We think he has rabies.

This game was hard for me to pick (not that I’m any good at that :laughing:). Did the Stamps just have a good week last week? Did the Argos just have an off week? Is BC a season-long strong team or did they just have a strong start?
All these questions and many more will be answered on tonight’s episode of Days of our Lives [cue organ music]

4 Likes

You’re probably thinking about that Soap Opera classic from the 1970’s:

SCTV-DaysOfTheWeek

3 Likes

The Argos were sort of like the Riders last night, and Calgary ran the ball down their throats all day. I don’t think Maier even threw the ball until halfway through the 2nd quarter.

2 Likes

“I wanna see Betts drill Maier into yesterday…legally of course” GridironGirl

ROTFLMHO!

2 Likes