Stamps to get NFL veteren????

[url=http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Football/2006/01/18/1399722-sun.html]http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Football/ ... 2-sun.html[/url]

On the tail end of another disappointing season with the Kansas City Chiefs, the former Stampeders receiver now has plans to move his family back to Calgary.

Despite using his combination of size and speed to lead the NFL club in receiving two straight pre-seasons, the 27-year-old was relegated to a bit role, playing in just 10 of 16 games this season.

And so, as an unrestricted free agent who will likely shop his services, Big Bo wants to set up a home base in Cowtown where he met his wife Petra.

"I just love Calgary and I miss it a lot," said Boerigter, whose wife hails from Leduc, just outside Edmonton.

"We're going to look for a place in Calgary but it all depends where we end up and how long I sign for. I'm kind of at the point where it could go either way."

Meaning he could find an NFL team looking to use his skill set as a starter or he could see his $500,000 minimum salary squeeze him out of a league forever re-stocking with younger, flashier talents.

Early indications are the 6-ft. 3-in., 220-lb. Nebraskan will draw plenty of interest.

"This year kind of took the fun out of it," admitted Boerigter, frustrated after fighting back from season-ending knee surgery in 2004 to be thrown just eight passes in 2005 -- the same number of TD grabs he led the team with three years earlier.

"I can contribute more than I have but the problem is there are only so many footballs to go around here with (Dante) Hall, (Eddie) Kennison, (Tony) Gonzalez, Priest (Holmes) and (Larry) Johnson. I'm kind of looking forward to free agency because I can go to a fresh team and make an impression."

Having chatted with opposing coaches throughout the season, the veteran of four NFL seasons senses there will be interest around the league as the man who made $656,000 US looks for more playing time.

Having forged a solid relationship with QB Trent Green and becoming a respected member of the community for his charitable foundation (not to mention the owner of an NFL-record 99-yard touchdown grab), the possibility of re-signing with the Chiefs is not being ruled out thanks to the recent coaching overhaul.

Also, Plan C -- as in CFL -- is also a viable option.

"If things don't work out down here,

I would definitely be open to going back to the CFL," said Boerigter, whose office is filled with footballs and photos of the Stamps' 2001 Grey Cup win. "There's a lot of talent up there that could play here but it's all about getting an opportunity."

Having lost his opportunity in K.C., Boerigter still wonders if he should have signed in Indianapolis four years back when the Colts offered him more money (he got a CFL-record $175,000 US signing bonus by the Chiefs). Thing is, the Colts were stacked with receivers.

The Chiefs seemed a good fit.

"I'm disappointed with the fact I feel

I haven't performed up to what my abilities are capable of," said Boerigter, who says he's still approached by fans wearing Stamps jerseys in almost every stadium.

"Next year -- I don't know -- the dynamics of the team might change a lot."

I think he will end up somewhere in the NFL but then, who knows. Nice quote of him where he says "There's a lot of talent up there that could play here but it's all about getting an opportunity."

yea..i thought that was a cool quote.

but as teh article says...hes set at a minimum of $500 000....could be too high for an NFL team to take a chance on him.....

but don't the stamps have enough receiving talent?....i could be wrong?

The Stamps are good on receivers (Lewis, Copeland, Ralph, Juhasz (assuming he re-signs) to name a few), but I'd love to see him back here ...

I too liked that quote a lot, and I also think it's neat that in almost every stadium he goes to, someone wearing a Stamps jersey comes up to him!

Boerigter would be a Dandy snag, Stamps recievers would almost be equal to, the gang they have in the Peg..

........doing narcs again hank?......[sarcasm]almost equal to[/sarcasm].....

......mark would be welcomed back in a heartbeat and space would be found for him......Juhasz didn't contribute much to last seasons campaign, he could be replaced.......

He may miss Calgary, but if K.C. was too stocked with talent, then Calgary may not be the place to call home. Maybe he'll end up with another Canadian team.

With the increase in players on the roster they could easily use Marc and I am sure Higgens would grab him. The small field in the NFL is not as appealing as it was when he played on the big field here. I think you will see him in the red and white this year. His wife is from Leduc and wants to be in Calgary. It really is a no brainer.

.........thing is geo, his wife is from here and all her family lives here.......those wives of ours have a way of getting things their way sometimes......

Case in point Hanks wife loved Calgary so much she helped Hank make his decision to move back to the greatest city in Canada

does this mean his possible return to the CFL....mean he is all washed up......hmmmmm. :roll:

Great quote from Boerichter. Boy, Boerichter over Juhasz would be a huge upgrade.

Boerichter over any of Calgary's recievers in my opinion.

Whats in the drinking water out in Bomberland? Bottle that and you would be rich!
But again Pappa if you think about it has nothing to do with him being washed up but out priced for the NFL. The cap down there puts him in the $500,000 bracket and many teams will not pay that for a player that is role player. Marc is a much better player in the big CFL playing field where as the postage stamp field down there is more of a challenge getting open.

No drinking water problems in Manitoba....we have sewage problems...
It seems the West is producing huge amounts of Bull$hit, and there trying to send it East to Winnepeg..
Our top two recievers are diffently better than yours..including boerigter...
Your happy foot QB is still...just questionable...GO BOMBERS..

.......all that bull$hit must be working then hank, 'cause it seems to be clogging your brainzone.............

Lewis - 80 receptions - 1379 yds
Copeland - 64 receptions - 1211 yds

Stegall - 52 receptions - 1184 yds
Stokes - 58 receptions - 832 yds

.......so the double S squad is diffently (sic) better than our receivers, how?............

........and as far as our QB having happy feet, at least we have one.......

Red...Did you compare playoff numbers too? Oh, wait a minute...One of the teams didn't make the post season.....

Stir, St :wink: ir, Stir the pot!

......hey, don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Stegall on my squad, hell of a ball catcher and a good team player to boot......but tank's claim was way way out there, too far to be ignored......

.........don't know what it is with a couple of BB fans here continually trashing the Stamps?......has me puzzled, why the lack of luv?........maybe it's because we didn't do a very good job of cleaning out the basement of the CFL West when we vacated it in dramatic fashion and left it for the next tenant to worry about.......sorry 'bout that blue and gold........

You can dish it out red white.....but you seem to have a problem taking it....I only remarked about Marc as you seem to have had that same opinion of Albert Johnson ...when it was announced he was returning to the Bombers...ahh he must be all washwed up if he is returning to the CFL...was what you said.....c;mon get it together....and yeah the drinking water is fine in WPG.....hows the oil slick on yours... :wink:

who cares about those two teams top receivers......

we have the three three headed monster..

tucker,hervey,mitchell

and gaylor will make it a 4 headed one next year