Stamps Should Drop Black from Colour Scheme

I agree with the stamps going back to the Red Helmets. I hate the normal Black helmets. The third jersey helmets with the Chrome coloured horse on the side I do like, but would like to see that with a red jersey and less black.
I always like the away jersey in the past with the Stamps when they had the red helmets with the white jersey and pants with some minimal red striping. Those seemed somehow classy.

As for the Flames reference, I don’t get people that continue to hold onto those old Jerseys. I get they won the stanley cup with them, but they are so dull and boring.

If you took the current dark red jerseys with the black C and put it in the wash, and the colours faded and ran, you would get the old jersey. That orange/red colour is horrible and even the yellow is dull. The flaming C is like all the black and yellow trim ran off and all that was left is the white C with Faded yellow.
By the way the current jersey people were excited about enough that some games even the corporate seats and expensive seats you could see people wearing them.
The only thing worse than the old Jerseys, the only thing worse was the flaming horse jersey, which I thought when I first saw them, was a picture of a wild boar with flames instead of tusks.

A pox of locusts and ringworm on the Flames for going away from their classic traditional colours! They won’t win another Stanley Cup until they return to their original colours.

LOL! :smiley:

Fully agree with both Calgary team uniforms as seen above ( white face mask though)
I also like the heritage classic Flames look they had back when Iggy was captain.

Jets heritage classic uniforms were awesome too and worthy of more use.

Couldn’t agree more!! A bit of black trim around the numbers if necessary to make them stand out but otherwise I’d like to see them lose the black - especially the black helmets which they often wear with their road unis!

And maybe the OTTRBs should have chosen a better name - the one they have is totally DUMB. However the black and red colour scheme is traditional to the Ottawa teams going back to the old Rough Riders.

Oh ya Calgary was real creative naming their team and designing those Flames Uniforms

So here most of us have been saying that the Stampeders should drop the black from their colour scheme. Part of the reason behind our suggestion is that the black and red colour scheme has been traditionally associated with Ottawa's football club. Well here are a couple of screen grabs from the banner the CFL is running on its website today for the Grey Cup Game:

Yup, uniforms that are mirror images of each other with the colours reversed. It's as if the folks at CFL.ca are taunting us. Nice to know that they have such a keen interest in fans' and customers' opinions.

::slight_smile:

They were the Flames. What else needed to be done when the Flames moved to Calgary?

???

I remember the first time I saw the Stamps in black. It was a Labour Day game in the 90’s and they had the crossed pistols on the shoulders. It was a surprise to see them come onto the field in those duds, and being the early days of the internet, nothing was leaked. I thought it was cool as a one-off which I thought was the original intention but I hated seeing the black more and more. The picture above was the Stamps uniform at its best and they really should go back to that, maybe take a fan vote?

Cant help but notice: 2 Grey Cups in black helemets; 2 choke jobs

They wear red helmets on Sunday, and they are planning a parade route.

Bottom line: wear red helmets Stamps!

…I’m not saying I’m Batman, I’m just saying that you’ll notice him and I are never in the same room together…

I’d put money on Under Armour going to red/white/grey as their way to change things up

Hope you’re right…the black is just awful!

…what if they changed the black in their uniform to black fur?

I’m for dropping the black too. Use gray as a trim like it has been noted in here before.

Really? Calgary needs to wear the REDBLACKS uniforms?Yes, I know that they wore some black before the REDBLACKS. I guess with only 9 teams and now only one Roughrider team, The CFL needs something that has to be the same. Come on Calgary! ;D