Stamps release Armour after 'on field incident'...

...BC eh?...well, that certainly heats up the rivalry more...

This will really hurt the Stamps. With the loss of some guys up front and now losing Armour, that front seven is really going to struggle against the run. If Armour was being such a problem, why wouldn’t the team just suspend him for a few games ala Steve Smith last year with Carolina? Something tells me there was more to this releasing then an ‘on-field’ incident.

…really tmw? in trouble?..you’d like to hope I bet…like last year, the stamps no-name defense that nobody on these boards thought could do anything for most of the season only racked up first and second place stats in all stop-the-rush categories, the same will be this year, no respect again, just getting the job done…

…hey I liked Armour’s game, already said so, but reports are that the backups brought in to compete for the mike position were already exceeding Armour’s game…no worries here…

On another team it might be a problem, but Calgary has one of the best defensive coordinators going in Chris Jones, so I wouldn't be overly concerned about Armour's release.........I expect that Hufnagel ran it by Jones before releasing him.......if Jones is of the opinion that guys in camp can adequately replace him, I won't second guess him.

Who will take over for Armour? I'm not going to say they are in trouble because I dont know anything about who will be the starter.

He has a sweet football name. JoJuan Armour, especially for a linebacker. Anyways happy that Wally picks him up. I liked the way the guy plays.

Also the game against BC where he got kicked out, the ref blew that call like it wasn't even funny. He was pushed into the official.

i certainly do hope :slight_smile:

well, you certainly do know more about your team then i do, but from my vantage point i see your defense, which was pretty good last year, lose freeman and hughes on the dline and now armour and i just find it to be very susceptible against the run on paper. look at the defense last year against the riders when armour got kicked out? cates is a good running back but he absolutely ran all over calgary with armour. but obviously, someone can step up, but there just isn’t anyone proven yet in that position as armour was.

...I dont' disagree with anything you've written, that is all true...all I'm saying is dont' be too quick to judge, like MadJack wrote Chris Jones is the key to this defence, and the powers-that-be have apparently, according to reports out of camp, found him some pretty amazing replacements to compliment the vets that are still here...all homerism aside, I say this D finishes in the top three overall again this year...

cant disagree with that and i hope im not appearing to quickly judge, cause id hate to do that. every year in this league, new players step up in a big way.

I heard rumours on Team 1040 today he maybe heading to the Lions .

Opps didnt read page 2 :oops: :oops: :oops: