Stamps' Injury Report: Mitchell a full participant on Sunday

TORONTO — The Calgary Stampeders have shared their first injury report ahead of their game on Thursday against the Edmonton Elks.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/07/03/stamps-injury-report-mitchell-a-full-participant-on-sunday/

I don't know who does the schedules but the deck is stacked a bit in Calgary's favour. Calgary comes off the bye and the Elks off a short week.

Winnipeg gets the dirty end of the stick too. Makes you wonder if they just got a drunk monkey to throw darts for match ups.....

Why wouldn't you have done the Monday game on a week when Winnipeg gets the bye?

Oh and injury reports have no basis in reality as we have already seen........

2 Likes

Worse schedule we have had in years. Another example is Ottawa playing the Bombers in the two first weeks of the season, not to meet again unless in the playoffs.

By the way, I think back to back games should be limited to the Banjo Bowl and Labour Day.

Elks get Montreal back to back, Riders, Calgary back to back.

The possibility of a home playoff is gone or at least greatly reduced in week 5 if Calgary beats them this week. With the Elks on a short week and Calgary coming off a bye............

I agree that Back - Back games should just be limited to one particular event. Calgary have to play Edmonton 2 back to back times and again like last year play Sask back to back just before playoffs. If they both make playoff status they could end up playing 3 times in 3 weeks, Crazy. The designer of this years schedule obviously likes to create back to back games as it seems way to often for all teams. It amounts to nothing short of an 8 quarter game, except that the scores are not additive and there is a few days between the 4th Q and the 5th Q for those players who survive the 1st game.