Stamps defence sparks comeback over Argos

TORONTO — The Calgary Stampeders escaped from BMO Field on Saturday evening with a 22-19 comeback win over the Toronto Argonauts.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/08/20/stamps-defence-sparks-comeback-over-argos/

The Stamps Defense DID NOT spark the Offense for the win over the Argos. The Defense actually won the game AGAIN. The Stamps Offense were just there for the ride.

The final Week 11 game featured my hometown :anchor:'s hosting the Stamps. Both defenses dominated this back and forth battle. :star_struck: The Argos led 16-10 at halftime. :upside_down_face: The TSN turning point was a electrifying 62 yard pick six by Stamps Elie Bouka with 2:37 left in the third quarter which closed the gap to 3 points 19-16, after a failed 2 point convert. The Stamps Rene Paredes would add 2 more field goals to obtain this much needed win. :100:

My game ball goes too Elie Bouka who also had a sweet fumble recovery in the first half. :boom:

1 Like

Yes Bouka did recover a fumble in the 1st half but it was his 62 yard pick 6 that was more impressive. He ran with his head up and picked his way into the endzone after intercepting Bethel-Thompson's pass.That was a play that got Calgary back into the game and onto the victory.

1 Like

Well i am a stamps fan too, but the receivers need a workover. if they dont want to catch for Bo, let em go. Jorden seemed to have stickum on his hands as soon as Maier came in but has been dropping everything from Bo. Cost us a grey cup, drops balls and loses yards after the catch by dipsy-doodling instead of going straight forward. if you put Bo in BC right now, they wouldnt miss a step b/c their receivers are running good routes. the receivers can make or break it too. maybe Bo ripped them after the first Wpg loss b/c they should have won that game. since then, they haven't been the same. 4td's lost in exchange for 1 FG in that game.