Stamps/Als

Congrats Al’s on your win. Payton is a very entertaining player to watch.

P.S. Thanks for keeping the Riders in second place. :smiley:

he has to hold on to the ball a little tighter!

Bah! Sounds like I missed a good game. I passed right out at halftime. I spent about 9 hours today hanging cabinats. :frowning: :lol:

strategically, it was the right play, but I dont hold with that kind of cheating. Be that as it may, why wasnt the ball put at the one???

Assuming we are talking about the same play…
If you are beaten, haul ‘em down.
If you ain’t cheatin’ you ain’t tryin’!
But the ball is placed at the point of the foul, or a ten yard penalty, which ever is greater.
It only goes to the one yard line if the foul is in the endzone.

Was he called for PI or illegal contact? I believe if it's illegal contact it's a 10 yarder...if it's pass interference, it's at the point of infraction.....no?

IC is a ten yard penalty.
PI is at the point of the foul, or ten yards, which ever is greater, and I believe an automatic first down.
Only PI is automatically at the one if the infraction is in the endzone.

And if you didn’t see it, trust me, nobody is going to argue that this was a penalty.
The guy was wide open and would have scored, so the defender tackled him…before the ball was even in the air…so yes. It was PI.
Saved a touchdown!

No, I saw it, and I say that of all the stupid penalties to take, that was the smartest.....

Absolutely…

for some reason, I thought it was in the endzone.

so, those of you who support what he did, does this mean you support 0-linemen who hold on almost every play, just because they cant get the job done without doing so??

Obviously, getting beat in the first place likely didn’t make him or his coach very happy.
However, at least by taking the penalty, he gave his team a chance.
When an o-lineman holds, it may indeed be better than letting his QB get sacked.
Does that mean if he has to hold every play he will have a long career?
Doubtful.
But football is a game of mistakes.
When you make one, sometimes you need to choose the lesser of two evils.
If you let your QB get sacked or pressured, maybe it is 2nd and 17 or worse the QB throws up a pick.
A holding penalty will be 1st and 20.
You tell me which result is preferable?

…true enough, and if my team had better red zone production its a compeltely different ball game in the other direction…

…oh well, good game to the Als, they rallied well after Payton’s mishap and your D was very agressive…

Well guys I have to think the coaching hurt us in this one. You sure could tell there was a lack of prepartion for this game. But really what team has had back to to back games in short periods of time not once but twice in 7 games. I am not making excuses the Als played a com[plete game and show they now are the number one team in the east (bombers ha ha ha fun while it lasted). But some how they have forgotten about Joffery Reynolds in our offensive scheme. And the defensive calls have been some what sad. The coaches need the to were the goat horns this week.

To bad for the Stamps red05...
She's a tough go, when you only have four days to prepare.
As for #1 in the East...the Bombers get there say tonight..
Go Bombers..

I never condone taking penalties, FYB, but in some instances it is far better to take them than in others. It's like in hockey....guy coming in on a partial break, looks like he's gonna score, so you obstruct him in the hopes that your team can kill the coming penalty. It's not a sure thing, but it would have been a sure goal had he not taken the penalty.

...yeah, two 4 day turnarounds to eastern time zones in the space of a few weeks is brutal...but it's what it is, and I agree rw05, I think some of our floundering was bench problems versus on-feild issues....the delay penalty that negated Burris's TD plunge, was that because the play was delivered from Cortez late?...I was making dinner and missed the reason behind it....

We could also blame Burris…
If he hurried the snap count by a half of a second…
Touchdown Stamps…different game if they score 7 on that drive…

Hanktheblank, Burris did not lose this game. The coaching staff totally were to blame on this one.

Hanky I think they will remain in second with a surging Hamilton team coming from the rear.