Stamps add Johnson, Hughes and Saint-Dic

Stamps add Johnson, Hughes and Saint-Dic
June 29, 2008

The Calgary Stampeders have signed non-import receiver Teyo Johnson and import defensive ends Jonal Saint-Dic and Charleston Hughes.

Johnson spent four seasons in the National Football League. He originally was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the second round of the 2003 draft. He spent two seasons with the Raiders before joining the Arizona Cardinals in 2005. He then spent time with the Miami Dolphins, Denver Broncos and Buffalo Bills.

Johnson — six-foot-six, 250 pounds — was born in White Rock, B.C., and once played for the Canadian junior Olympic basketball team. He is the younger brother of Riall Johnson, a defensive end for the Toronto Argonauts.

Hughes attended camp with the Stamps and was in the final round of cuts. He’s a rookie from Northwood University.

Saint-Dic attended Michigan State, where he was named second-team All-American and made the All-Big Ten squad. He had 10 sacks and 14.5 tackles for loss as a senior. He’s six-foot-one, 255 pounds.

The Stamps have placed linebacker Saleem Rasheed, defensive ends Juwan Simpson and Funtaine Hunter on injured reserve.

Did the Stamps have three starters on D go down in that win over the Lions ? Might have to change my pick in the pool......not.

Saleem Rasheed is out for 6-8 weeks. Jouan Simpson and miguel Robede also got hurt but im not sure how long they will be gone for.

Maybe Teyo can switch over and play DE. He has the size and pedigree.

I didn't think he had spent the necessary 5 years in Canada before his 15th birthday to be classified a non-import.
But what the hay he was born in Canada, that's good enough for me.

Miguel is not hurt it was Freeman.
Yes we lost three players in that game. Most the game was played by Canadians up front.