Stampeders New Jersey

What's up with the Stampeders New Jersey it looks like an advertisement for The POP SHOPPE.... check it out at www.thepopshoppe.com
What were they thinking.....

3 Likes

They were thinking to emulate early Stampeder uniforms, like the ones they wore in the 1948 undefeated run. I think they look sharp and original.

4 Likes

They looked unique and visually appealing .

Both Toronto and Calgary looked unique instead of the template version the CFL suffered from not too long ago .

Logo on upper arm is old and busy and needs to be seen up close to be seen properly but I still like the look .

They looked more like Stampeder uniforms than the modern one's with black .

Give them a dull grey pant and face mask instead of white and it's perfect .

They don't look appealing nor do they resemble the 1948 Jerseys.. I hope The POPSHOPPE is paying them advertisement dollars....

2 Likes

Yeah, I'd like them to stick to these jerseys in the coming years, except replace the retro logo with the horse we're all familiar with.

If I were running the Stamps, I might add grey or silver as an accent colour on thirds jerseys (which I'd use in games vs East division teams), but stick to just red and white for the usual jerseys (which I'd use in games vs West teams).

But no more black would be a wise choice, especially with the Redblacks incorporating more red now.

3 Likes

I don't know we all see things differently .

For me I see improvement for others not so much .

2 Likes

I actually really like it; I'm glad they did away with black on the jersey.

5 Likes

I think it has to do with their 75th anniversary

Every time I see this thread I think its about the Stamps and the US State of New Jersey

2 Likes

It was supposed to be a throwback jersey. They do need to throw them back in the garbage.

I agree on all points. I like the Stamps new "old" jersey. I may very well buy one although they closely resemble my Hamilton Wildcats jersey:

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I agree. That's my bottom line. Get rid of the black which was a colour they added to their uniforms circa 1990 because black was then a very trendy choice for uniforms.

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

While watching the Calgary game my wife asked do feel like burgers or chicken. Don't no where she got that idea from

2 Likes

When I see older Ottawa team colours of jerseys they are not so much as just copying the Stamps look with red/black they did have red jerseys at one time .

Actually don't mind this look .

1 Like

Nor do I. My preference is these:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Cool, A & W is my favorite too along with Salisbury house. Were not that different after all.

1 Like

They look fantastic. No black anywhere ruining their uniform.

3 Likes

Stampeder's uniform
Ye haw