Stampeders add Cubit, Simonton, George

The Calgary Stampeders announced Monday the free agent signing of quarterback Ryan Cubit, running back Ken Simonton and defensive lineman Tearrius George.

Cubit was a two-year team captain at Western Michigan and led the team with 2,138 yards and 16 touchdowns, while completing just under 62 percent of his passes.

In his final season with the Western Michigan, he led the Broncos with an overall passing rating of 119.7 which was partly attributed to his 130 completions on 212 attempts, 1,223 passing yards and 10 touchdown passes. He led Western Michigan to the International Bowl on January 6

Simonton was signed as an undrafted free agent in 2002 by the San Francisco 49ers. Shortly after he signed with the Buffalo Bills and was allocated to NFL Europe to play for the Scottish Claymores. He would set a team record for rushing touchdowns in a season 8 and was selected as the NFL Europe Offensive MVP after rushing for a league-high 841 yards with 39 receptions (4th in league).

George arrived from the New York Jets, where he was signed as an undrafted free agent from the Kansas State Wildcats. In 2005 with Kansas State, George posted 27 tackles (15 solo), six tackles for a loss, four quarterback sacks, two fumble recoveries, one pass defense breakup and one forced fumble in 11 games.

In ten games in the 2004 campaign, George recorded 21 tackles (11 solo), six tackles for a loss, three quarterback sacks, one pass defense breakup and two forced fumbles.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=206926&hubname=cfl

TCF

Was gonna ask what that stood for, then I figured it out - it's exactly what I was thinking, too ... especially for this Simonton guy. Another QB isn't a bad idea. I think that makes it 3 currently that are coming to camp?

A was impressed by this player's stats. A QB that can rush is an asset in The CFL.

Wrong Kev there are four qb's. Cubit could be the next Dave Dickenson. Father is a football coach and he has great tools for the CFL type game. Barker this guy could be the development QB he has been looking for.

Let’s face it, good qb’s are not as easy to come by as Wally makes it look. Buck was a walk on for pete’s sake. It’s a total crap shoot because the pro level of the game is so foreign to these young guys. All the college ball in the world can’t prepare you for the pro level.

I am not in disagreement here. But first you have to have some skills to make it and well this guy has skills. Now can he adapt to the Canadian game we will see. But apparently he is an accurate passer and has the smarts between the ears. Unlike Glenn. :lol:

Unlike Glenn ? You mean Burris.

No I meant Glenn!