Stamp fans show nice class

With all the hype leading up to last Saturday's game. As well the Burris sucks T shirts, the stamp fans may of had good reason to rub that victory right in our face. But they didn't they took the high road. The only real smack talking us rider fans recieved was from fans of other teams. So I just wanted to commend the stamp fans for not giving it to us to hard.

Your right Chris, and I remember you and I banging heads it would have been so easy to come back at you but what for? You guys love your team and just go the extra step. We know very well what it is like to get whoop A S S'd it is not great. I am glad the Stamp fans showed respect. After all I think it was a week ago when Ottawa laid a licken on us.

I agree with ChrisW - very classy on the part of Stamps fans. Every person loves their chosen team, and relish a victory. If all fans could act so respectfully it would be a great thing. A boring thing, perhaps, but great nonetheless :wink:

.........we should, as CFL fans, step back for a moment........take all of our anamosity.........all of our hatred...........all of the evil things we feel urged to catapult at each other.............and just direct it at the Eskimos.......

agreed

ESKIES SUCK!!!!

lol well put, us Esks fan will take it in stride. not like we're not used to it by now! but, same goes for the Rider and Stamp fans, why cant we all just get along?

simple ... because you like the esks, he likes the riders, and I like the Stamps ... :wink:

I also like the stamps.

........GEG, I owe you a beer, good attitude dude...........

Eskies suck. they couldn't evn get a TD against WPG. ha ha ha ha. stamps rule!

Yup, We sure got a good lickin from the stamps :oops: But it's good to see You Calgary fans didn't rub it in or taunt us after winning and really showed some class. You probably wouldn't want us to be jerks if we were the ones who socked you 44-18 . You guys got some truly great fans. Now Lets hope the roughies bounce back and take away that sick feeling we have right now.

GOOOOO RIDERS!!!! :smiley:

Let's see the class after their loss coming up on friday:)
Lions will be roaring!

.........now Gwennyth, you're not going to be one of those fair-weather BC fans that disappears after the stampeders pull down the lions pants and bare-a$$ spank them on national TV, are you?.......

I am a hardcore fan ~ but If I got the opportunity to see them butt naked getted spanked on the field.... I won't take my eyes away! :wink: IT WOULD BE THE BEST GAME EVER :slight_smile:

However... that ain't happening! This will be the Massacre of the season. ADVICE TO CALGARY: Stick to your hockey!

.........o.k., I myself would avert my eyes as the sight would be too pitiful to behold..........giv'er for a good game!.........

Well the Stamps really didn't have much to rub in, when you play against 9 second stringers it should be a romp on any field. Nonetheless it was shameful loss for us, and hats off to the Stamps for taking the W. But it is only one game early in the season, wait till the playoffs. That is my favorite part of the year. When the Riders lost last year, the Lions fans were online the second after the game throwing salt on our wounds, but then when they lost the Grey Cup you didn't see them until the start of this season. Other teams fans know that Sask fans are indeed the most loyal fans, and this also makes them a bit envious. I don't see why, I'd value a Grey Cup a lot more than being called "Canada's team."

I think another reason why other fans like to let the Riders fans have it is because the Riders lose every year and we have no history to even back us up like the Eskimos do, hence I guess that gives us no reason to say anything even slightly rude about anyone elses team. Like a double-edged sword, we lose we suck, we win we still suck because we have only won 2 Grey Cups. If you guys don't think this makes us a bit obnoxious, well you're quite wrong. I'm just happy that we have the loyal fan base here in Sask that will cheer for Sask every game every year even if we go 0-18. We may not have Grey Cups, but at least we have heart and even though we are losers we can still have the guts to say Burris sucks. And don't forget what he did to us against Winnipeg last year...we have a reason to say he sucks other than him leaving us.

.........unreal, i am puzzled by your scribblings........on one hand you seem like a thoughtful knowledgeable poster and then something truly stupid passes through your fingertips.........examples please, I know I know....

a) with the buildup to the Calgary/Sask game there was a massive amount of trash talk be heaped by many rider fans, we had A LOT to rub in, and if your excuse is missing starters then lame lame lame........good teams find ways to win no matter what the obstacle........

b) many BC fans were around to lament their loss in the GC as we closed the forum down.......they took their lumps just like your fans did.........

c) 8/9's of the CFL fan base is NOT 'envious' of the rider fan support........if you need to believe that to make sure you sleep well at night that is o.k., whatever works, same with the canada's team label only rider fans applied to your team, I doubt someone in Bathurst NB or 100 Mile House BC would shout 'riders' at the onset of O Canada, but again, this is what you've been brainwashed to believe........

d) 'we have no history'???.......as the resident historian on this board I'd be pleased to let you know the riders ar ethe OLDEST franchise in western canada........history does not equate to victory.........

e) guts to say Burris Sucks........um, yeah, that is truly courageous, how brave and selfless........bet you wouldn't say it directly to his face.........

Well I can say the same thing about your posts really. I am displeased with a lot of your posts, but don't counter every aspect of them to prove some sort of superiority in knowledge that you seem to like setting across to people. If my 'scribblings' are fueled by 'stupidity that passes through my fingertips' then that is fine by me.as I'm not here to please people with flawless posts, I am here to share my opinions and talk about the CFL and their teams. I just say what I believe things are, I don't feel I am brainwashed or whatever you seem to take as the reasoning behind my logic. I don't recall blaming our loss on injured starters, infact I recall saying it was a rather shameful loss and saying hats off to the Stamps for taking the W, because I believe that our second string should be good enough to win against teams like Ottawa and Calgary.

Actually history is about winning in my opinion. True we have history, but a bad one so instead of saying 'bad history' I chose to say 'no history.' Maybe we don't like to remind ourselves of the losers we really are? Maybe it is a difference of opinion but if your team had only won 2 Grey Cups, both of which being fluke, I doubt you would be very happy with your team's history either.

I can only speak for myself, I could care a lot less what some other Riders fans spout off. I've already stated why the majority of them are obnoxious. Actually, I would have no problem going up to Burris and saying, "Pardon me but I truly think you suck. I am displeased with your decision to leave us. I thought you could continue to grow here with us on what we had built last year, but you wound up abandoning us instead for more money." However, I'm not in Calgary and Burris doesn't exactly walk down mainstreet shaking hands.

..........points taken and duly noted.......if there's something I say that really bugs the sh!t outta you then counter back, I don't claimt o be all high and mighty and there are many occasions I've taken things back in light of a better position............look, I don't want to fuel a fight either, just some of your rants caught me the wrong way.......debate is free and no rules are expected beyond just the normal rules of gentleman's dueling........as far as your second string being able to whup the stamps or bombers first stringers you're flat out wrong, both teams are better than that and you'll come round to see that eventually..........

What are the stupidist poster on this site or what? 9 second stringers you say wow most rider fans in other sites have stated 3, 6 , 8 and now you claim 9. You sir are a pathetic CFL fan first of all and you hurt the crediability of other Rider fans with your statments. It is your opinion for sure and that I will respect but as far as your facts well that is where the stupidity of your post begins. Now go home and cry some more and let the class of Rider fans post for you.