Stala's comments

I'm sure many of you saw Stala's comments by now on tsn about Swaggerville, but for those who didn't he basically said it's 'a cartoon or something' and that 'we'll see what they call themselves after the game'. The funny thing is you would think they were talking to a back to back Grey cup winning team the way Stala and others were talking. I wouldn't mind as much if it was one of the Als players talking like that,but the ti-cats talking like that, really? They were 9-9 last year and lost to Toronto in the first game of the playoffs. Sounds like another case of jealousy or maybe resentment because the cats were supposed to be the next beast of the east and have been rather average??

People seem to think Swaggerville is arrogant and means the bombers think they are the best team ever, when in reality it is just a bunch of young guys having some fun and getting the fans involved. I could understand if the bombers were disrespecting other teams and saying how they were going to destroy teams ever week, but they haven't. Haters going to hate i guess :roll:

Go Bombers!!

Stala really needs to listen Mr. Mosca and take his words to heart.

Stala also said he doesn't really concentrate on it (Swaggerville), so maybe we shouldn't really concentrate on what he has to say !

It's funny how other people all say the Swaggerville thing is too cocky/arrogant when it's opposing players doing all the talking.

Yeah, you'll see what they call themselves after the game, alright..

You'd think people would be smarter than to give this defense bulletin board material.

I commented on this in the Baggs thread, but its amusing that Stala calls swaggerville a cartoon, yet he makes a point of telling an unfunny joke when he gets on TV each week. And as for Williams saying the Bombers snuck out of town with a win - Swaggerville, in a foreshadowing of the first 1/2 of the season to come, completely shut out the TiCats in the 2nd half. Shutting a team down, Mr Rey Williams, is the opposite of what you allowed Cleo Lemon and the Argos do to you last week.

Baggs, Stala, Cobourne even Marcel B talking it up.

This really is a huge game for this early in the season, Bombers can take the series with Hamilton and go 4 games clear of them, and if Montreal loses to the Stamps, get 2 games up on them.

Pressures definitely all on the Ticats and the talk is just a distraction.

For those who haven't seen the classy response from Ian Logan

http://watch.tsn.ca/#clip522014

its funny the people talking the most arent the bombers. our bombers are humble.. people just dont understand what it means to have swagger.. its nothing new.. ie: its confidence and belief in yourself... just swaggerville sounds better than confidenceville or believeinyourselftown.

perhaps some of these other teams wish they believed in themselves this much..

to me, stala is a clown.. he really has no right as he seems to make love to the camera every time its around him... that and his hacky sack celebration which really wasnt that impressive... = hypocrite.

or spinning around like a moron after a td..

i mean really stala? didnt the bombers make you their female dog in week 1? perhaps u should wait until after the game to comment.

aww, apparently per drew edwards' twitter, the hamilton specs scratching post guy, Duane Forde will be without usual cohort Rod Black. Thankfully we won't have to hear the phrase sticky stala for his one or 2 catches this game. But Rod for next time - the ticats drive has stala'd again for another 2 and out, medlock out to punt on 3rd down.

Posting from the West Coast I can tell you that a lot of people are Hating on the whole Swaggerville acronym. However its all Haters anyway and Stala is just another Hater. Brent JOhnson called out Swaggerville and that inspired the SwaggerMen to destroy Bc in the 2nd half of their game.

Stala may talk a big game like his buddy Couburne but what is Stala going to do when a HEFFNEY wraps his BICEPS around Stala's skinny head and starts squeezing? Or a SUPER SUBER flying tackle on Stala?

Not a smart move to piss of Swaggerville as I am sure the Terminator JOE LOEBENDOWN will be looking to launch himself head first at STALA any chance that he can get.

Stala will be finishing this game watching on the sidelines-

I dont know why everyone is jealous of Swaggerville, maybe if the rest of the teams were as good as Swaggerville they wouldnt be talking- I guess thats the way things work, everyone wants to KNOCK the KING off the TOP and elect a new KING-

Too many people taking light-hearted comments WAY too seriously.

All in good-fun I say.

Best part was Stala was a non-factor (again). You'd think if someone was going to beak off they would at least show up. Sorry Stala, you got nothing. Credit to Stevie Baggs though, he at least came to play.

Stala also sat way far away from his teammates on the bench.

The only thing Stala did all game was ditch the post-game handshakes.

I said in the other thread I still liked Stala and believed he was just talking for the cameras.. I changed my mind. He's an idiot.

#Ticats not giving much #Bombers much credit after loss (#CFL)Here are some quotes from the Ticats following their loss to Winnipeg last night. Most of these quotes didn't make it into my story so they'll only appear here. But the theme is pretty clear...

Defensive end Stevie Baggs:
"We're better than them, period, straight up," said defensive lineman Stevie Baggs, who had his best game of the season. "Not to take anything away from them but we gave this game away."

Quarterback Kevin Glenn
“We gave it to them. We gave it to them. Flat out. They made plays when they had to but we still gave them a lot of plays.?

“Very tough. Especially when you play your heart out down to the last snap.?

Rookie receiver, Chris Williams who had a critical fumble at the one-yard line.
“It's one of those things that I'll look at it and learn from it.?

“We did a lot of good things but we gave them seven and I gave them seven.?

“I want to be the guy that makes the plays that get us the wins and I want to be the guy that when something goes wrong, I'm strong enough to handle it.?

[b]Receiver Dave Stala (one catch, nine yards) after trash talking with the Bombers this week.

“They were the better team today so give them credit."

“It doesn't bother me and they say it doesn't bother them. It was just more of a fun thing."

“They can say whatever they want, I'm just messing around.?[/b]

Head coach Marcel Bellefeuille:
“The difference in the game came down to four plays that were a combination of 20 points.?

“This is a crazy place to play: it was extremely loud and we executed in that situation the best we could."

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/

#Ticats not giving much #Bombers much credit after loss (#CFL)
Here are some quotes from the Ticats following their loss to Winnipeg last night. Most of these quotes didn’t make it into my story so they’ll only appear here. But the theme is pretty clear…

Defensive end Stevie Baggs:
“We’re better than them, period, straight up,” said defensive lineman Stevie Baggs, who had his best game of the season. “Not to take anything away from them but we gave this game away.”

Quarterback Kevin Glenn
“We gave it to them. We gave it to them. Flat out. They made plays when they had to but we still gave them a lot of plays.?

“Very tough. Especially when you play your heart out down to the last snap.?

Rookie receiver, Chris Williams who had a critical fumble at the one-yard line.
“It’s one of those things that I’ll look at it and learn from it.?

“We did a lot of good things but we gave them seven and I gave them seven.?

“I want to be the guy that makes the plays that get us the wins and I want to be the guy that when something goes wrong, I’m strong enough to handle it.?

Receiver Dave Stala (one catch, nine yards) after trash talking with the Bombers this week.

“They were the better team today so give them credit."

“It doesn’t bother me and they say it doesn’t bother them. It was just more of a fun thing."

“They can say whatever they want, I’m just messing around.?

Head coach Marcel Bellefeuille:
“The difference in the game came down to four plays that were a combination of 20 points.?

“This is a crazy place to play: it was extremely loud and we executed in that situation the best we could."

Fun thing or not...if you're gonna yap before a huge game for your team, you better bring it. Stala did not.

Or at least be a man and shake some hands. Total lack of respect.