Stadiums without CFL

If they changed it to St. Jean Baptiste Football League, we might finally get a team in Quebec City

Quebec City Borg

2 Likes

“Resistance is futile” LOL!

Kentucky Fried Chicken changed their name to “KFC” because of the fried cooking process that was considered unhealthy. People still love and eat it’s product. The change helped their brand, why can’t the CFL do the same thing

1 Like

specially in Q :slight_smile:

Just a joke Ro, just a joke :slight_smile:

I just couldnt resist :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah RO. It’s an inside joke among Trekkies. In Star Trek lore “Q” is an all powerful entity with God like powers that has a curiosity of humanity. A Loki/trickster quality

1 Like

yeah, that too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep I knew when I wrote federation there was going to be Star Trek references . LOL . :grinning:

It is a cool name moniker .

A football league called The federation for short and even shorter to The FED just seals the deal for me .

The branding like the word Premier for the Premier League just kicks it up a notch . People know what your talking about around the world .

Maybe instead of Dominion unless Dominion Securities sponsors it use a sponsor in the first name probably worth a few million per team .

Scotia Bank Football Federation 
 . Royal Bank 
 BMO 
 TD Football Federation is my favourite of the banks .

They got the cash .

1 Like

They might have changed their brand but they never changed the way they make chicken.

Keeping the Canadian in the CFL would get some eyeballs to see the curiousity of why it’s called the Canadian Football League

And the Dairy Queen became DQ,
International House of Pancakes became - IHOP
Marks & Spencer became M&S
That’s the trend in modern marketing, BMO, TD, Scotia etc

Maybe in Toronto the Argos could just become the Toronto A’s
Hamilton TC, Ottawa RBs, the Als
What’s wrong with the CFL ??
Changing the name of the CFL doesn’t change a thing

It was “PFK” in QuĂ©bec.

1 Like

Something about being called Canadian Football League, the word Canadian, might be an issue for some fans out there.

I, personally, don’t have an issue with the Canadian Football League name myself.

1 Like

The name might be changed, but it’s still the same game played with 3 downs with CFL rules and field dimensions.

I like it as well . Something that I feel is part of home made comfort food while everyone else eats in restaurants or prepared food .

But if the CFL could garner some stability by going with a respectable moniker that brings in a league sponsor like Toyota’s deal in Australia I am in especially if they are looking for something that could move the sticks .

Since BILL C-10 is coming on board with streaming .

I can see the Dazn ( Amazon ) ( Netflix ) Football Federation having a certain ring to it ; if it brings some major cash for our league . Or insert Gambling site here before the moniker .

Again only if it means a bucket of cash . They do need a way to turn this league into a much more lucrative investment .

2 Likes

How would you expect the fans to check out the league if it’s not the CFL.

They will assume it’s NFL Lite and stay away.

The US audience is already staying away because of it’s called the CFL

1 Like

Calling them by another name won’t necessarily make the US gravitate towards the CFL.

If they can’t handle the name CFL then that’s their problem.

The world does not revolve around the USA anymore.

Canadians should stand up for themselves ever so often.

in my mind, it never did

After listening to XFL podcasts the last six months, the hosts of these shows are coming around to wanting to watch the CFL even more so because of the “talks”. Some said that they are willing to travel to Canada to watch a live CFL game and experience the atmosphere. To them they want to watch “Football”.

These are young people that fit the demographic the CFL wants and needs. They are coming around. It’s a start though. I’m giving them props for the initiative

1 Like