St. Louis lawsuit against NFL going to trial

Oh I hope they sue us good. Those poor traumatized expansion cities are entitled to every single penny back that they poured into their hard earned CFL teams!!! A sympathetic jury would easily award these plantiffs six dollars and eighty seven cents (minus court costs) plus a half eaten cookie. I can’t to see these Southerners get what’s coming to them. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s only a matter of time. All they need to do is find a lawyer who’s willing to work for nothing AND pay for all the research and discovery costs in order to win a settlement in the tens of dollars. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Wait… am I talking to myself? Hmmm. Better ease up on the coffee. :thinking:

1 Like

Well if their situation is that dire, fine, I’ll donate some cookies for their trouble if they just leave us all alone.

But the timing for this discussion for Shreveport should wait, for they are providing great assistance now to victims of Hurricane Ida in the State of Louisiana.

1 Like

Geez it’s Hurricane Katrina all over again. What a mess. Poor buggers. :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

Getting closer to a trial.

Or St. Louis gets the Bills in a relocation settlement. The NFL waives the relocation fee that is usually charged when a team moves

1 Like

thats not so funny actually

just sayin

Thankful that it was nowhere near as bad as Katrina, New Orleans had very little damage and the new strengthened dykes held but flooding outside the city.

1 Like

This is a great take, for in this way the NFL would save a ton of money in legal fees and regulatory payback too and probably recoup some of it via any given local favours anyway.

1 Like

There is some overlap with prior posts here, but here’s the summary today from fieldofschemes.com along with links accessible there for more details.

Notice both the Rams and the NFL have less than two weeks to turn over all documents for discovery! Wow is that a lot, and I hope their law firms have had their ducks in a row for years especially given all the staffing changes everywhere all this year.

• St. Louis Circuit Judge Christopher McGraugh has rejected a motion by the NFL and Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke to throw out the city and county of St. Louis’ lawsuit seeking about $100 million in damages for moving the team to L.A. in violation of the league’s own relocation rules. The suit, which has been simmering for four frickin’ years since the last time McGraugh refused to dismiss it, will now move to trial in January, but more important, the league and the Rams only have until September 28 to start turning over internal NFL financial documents for discovery, and “each defendant would be fined $1,000 per day after the deadline if they don’t comply” — I can’t tell if that’s $1,000 each per day for the league and Rams or $1,000 a day for each of the league’s 32 owners, but either way, this should be some fun coming up as the league tries to figure out how to keep its secret books secret.
1 Like

I didn’t say it was funny. Never would. It was a disaster back then and it’s a disaster now.

gotcha

Then the NFL would get off the hook for screwing St Louis and its fans … by screwing Buffalo and their fans.

No. The best thing to happen is that the NFL gets its a$$ slammed in the courts and pays lots and lots and lots of money to St Louis. That might keep them from playing stadium ransom with cities.

3 Likes

The NFL will settle. They settled in the class action lawsuit from former NFL players with CTE, they will settle on this one too before any NFL owner takes the stand

1 Like

In principle I do agree. In reality, I doubt our courts are so fair. They very seldom have been fair especially when such established interests are involved. And then when they have ruled against such interests, it’s almost always token ruling with far less actual punishment delivered than reported once one sorts through the details after some time.

1 Like

Well this matter has taken an ugly turn. What I make of this is that there are fewer answers, and more possibilities for things go badly all the more, for the NFL.

2 Likes

The hits just keep coming.

2 Likes

I have zero sympathy for owners like Kronke, Jones, Spanos etc.

Al Davis must be smiling now.

Am cheering for St.Louis in this fight against the NFL.

Too bad San Diego’s mayor didn’t fight for the Chargers though.

4 Likes

They must have a card yet to play in their hand that will get them more .

1 Like