Spring League hires Count Floyd

Bart Andrus has been hired as the head coach of the Philadelphia Stars of the Fox owned USFL . The games are to start on April 16 at a "centralized site" .

Pat Lynch (where is SCTV and Joe Flaherty ? )

2 Likes

You know, as much as we ridicule him on this board, he's been coaching in different leagues and systems ever since leaving the CFL. You have to give the guy credit for continuing to follow his dream and keep doing what he obviously loves.

4 Likes

John Huard next?

2 Likes

I was wondering why he wore that black cape and howled like a wolf. Will his 3D glasses idea ever take off?

1 Like

I feel attacked.

Let's clarify: Andrus resembled Count Chocula more than he did the host of Monster Chiller Horror Theater

6 Likes

Three more hirings by the Philadelphia Stars:

Woody Tobias Jr. Special Teams Co-Ordinator

Edith Prickley Offensive Quality Control Assistant

Skip Bittman - Run Game Consultant and Video Co- Ordinator

3 Likes

Dave Beckman after him?

Is this the death of the CFL?

1 Like

And yet more hirings and announcements...

Guy Caballero Owner and CEO

Bob and Doug McKenzie Equipment managers

Johnny LaRue Strength and Conditioning

Perini Scieroso Head of Global Scouting

Earl Camembert Co- GM
Floyd Robertson Co- GM

Lola Heatherton Head of cheerleading and halftime entertainment

Sammy Maudlin Head of public relations

Bobby Bittman Head scouting talent co-ordinator

Ed Grimley Mascot coordinator

7 Likes

Man you guys watched way too much SCTV. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

SCTV is a show that you can never watch enough of :laughing:

6 Likes

Bill Needle was also hired and immediately fired twice. First as Community Outreach co- Ordinator, second as Director of Global Player Personnel.

2 Likes

Sure. His 2-12 record puts him in the upper percentile of Coaching options

1 Like

You can't have Bruno running special teams & not have Dr. Tongue coaching up the O line.

4 Likes

Didn’t the Schmenges have connections to good cabbage rolls and coffee? Put them in charge of Concessions

3 Likes

They could also be the half-time entertainment . :star_struck:

3 Likes

This is a rather revealing list of contributors on this thread . They all have a healthy sense of humour .

Pat Lynch (When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. ) Henny Youngman

1 Like

"It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her for it." - W.C. Fields.

2 Likes

It’s a travesty they were never GC halftime performers.

1 Like

I have an image in my head of sweaty Strength Coach Johnny LaRue staggering into a warmup drill while puffing on a cigarette... telling all the REAL athletes to start without him.

"Hey! Where's my beer? Which one of you guys stole my beer?! Huff... wuff... Aw darn it all that was my last really cold one too. Now I'm going to have to break open a case of beer that's been sitting in my car all day. Huff... huff.. (takes a deep drag of smoke from his cigarette) Ahhhh... now that's a healthy cigarette... YOU GUYS KEEP MOVING! I don't want to see any slackers out there today... oh I have to talk to Caballero right now... huff... wheeze... he's working me WAY too hard...

2 Likes