Sportsnet reports: Jim Barker new Argos Coach

Very good decision by the Argos. Structure/"organigramme" could be similar to the one in Sask. I see him as Director/Vice-president of Football operations and Head coach and Adam Rita-who will report to Jim Barker- as General Manager/Director of player personnel.

Could Doug Berry "land" in Sask. as Offensive line coach or Offensive coordinator? Mr.Taman hired him while in Winnipeg.We will see/know soon.

Richard

They are talking to Dyce about the job.

…not sure why Jim would’ve taken an effective demotion unless there was some carrot dangled out there about replacing Rita before too long, which really isn’t too far fetched given Adam’s caustic relationship with the Toronto press and his lack of on-field success lately…

…hopefully that is in the cards for JB, he’s a good fellow from what I’ve seen and heard, Argo fans you have picked up a person with a lot of heart and I’m sure you’ll get 110% effort from him…

Red, again it appears how all is not well in Cowtown as the natives are bailing from the good ship Huff in droves?

His nickname is "Fetch"... Hope Huff had someone else besides Barker doing some scouting...

Calgary shouldn't need to do too much to their lineup, they were beasts last season...

If anything Barker coming here to toronto will only improve our chances of not losing to the stamps (and everyone else, hell the way we played last season, the ghosts of Ottawa past 2 failed teams could have beat us!) this season...

…wow, two guys, one not even involved in the on-field mgmt, is considered ‘droves’ huh?..sorry tom, no fires here, thanks anyway…

You forgot Cortez...so that's three. How many make a drove, anyway?

Looks like red's in denial...

Oh, and Craig Dickenson. It's a veritable exodus!!!!

...yup, might as well fold the tent up and go home, mail the GC to the argos....

First thing you have said right in a while, oh yes you will have to change your logo to the big blue A.

What about Chris Jones extension ? :roll:

I wouldnt go that far, itll be a long, tough grind back to respectability

Well, now that Barker is officially the guy, one thing that works in his favor is that he has a background in offense. He was OC for my Als when they won the Grey Cup in 2002. Ideally Jim would get a young buck to become titular OC but be heavily involved in the offense à la Trestman/Milanovich in Montreal.

...interstingly enough, Barker's first real game (non-preseason) will be back here in Calgary against his former boss...

And, also interesting enough, this sort of thing seems to have happened to Barker before.

His first regular season game as head coach in Calgary a few seasons back was against his old boss Don Matthews in Montreal (that was, as I recall, the game where the Stamps scored a TD on the last play of the game, and instead of kicking the convert to tie, Barker went for 2 for the win. . . and didn't get it, so they lost).

Didn't this guy coach the Argos before?
Wow. A retread owner and a retread coach.
That'll help sell tickets.

Wasn’t that the game where we won 20-19 on the strength of 6 field goals and Calvillo was sacked something like 5-6 times? Or am I confusing it with another year?

That might be the one. . .the score sure sounds right (convert ties, 2 point convert wins, miss the 2 pointer and you lose).

But I'm not sure. My memory may fail me as it often does. As you grow old, 2 things start to 'go'. . . the first is your memory. . . and I forget what the second one is.