SPORTSNET IS REPORTING LONNIE GLEIB. TO RESIGN TOMORROW

That was Lonie's big mistake the last time around...and he said he learned from his mistakes, only to prove that he hadn't.

I hope the Rens bring in some people who really know what they're doing, who can turn the situation around quickly.

in worst case scenario ( just play along here ):

bernie wants to sell the team but will pay for the team for the '06 season ( as he has promised ), and so the CFL spends the whole '06 season lookin for a new owner, and noone steps up, but someone from quebec-city wants the team and wants to move them there, but theres no stadium in QC

would it be possible for the Gades to move to quebec and play thier home games at percival molsons stadium?...( in the NBA both the LA clippers and Lakers play in the same stadium )...

call themselves the Quebec whatevers, then, eventually get funding from the government for a new stadium in Quebec city....then move and simply change name from quebec somethings to quebec city somethings.

i know this sounds crazy but would 2 quebec teams playing in the same stadium work?

I don't think so. As for QC and the stadium at Laval, this is one situation and because of all that room that plenty of temporary stands can be erected to bring it up to a minimum of 25,000.
My other concern for the Gleibs and if they sell or get pushed out by the league, under no circumstance are they allowed back again such as a potential Windsor team.

i remember one poster here was from the laval area, and he claimed the only reason laval's football team gets 18K to football games is the school sells tickets dirt cheap, and most dont truely care about football, and are there for a cheap good time.....

the fact that a CFL pre-season game there only drew 11k ( out of a possible 18K ) a few season ago, does lay some merrit to his claim.

im wondering if you'd really want to re-build laval's stadium for CFL capacity, then find out its not the proper location we all thought it was?

i think this is part of the reason CFL's expansion thoughts moved on to halifax, and away from laval.

It's possible, but when you have a team you can call your own and not one exhibition game with no vested interest, it may be successful. Especially in a football mad province. The key for QC and Halifax as a matter of fact, is to have plenty of reasonably priced tickets for family and young kids.

i'd like to see quebec city get a new stadium that seats 30K...isnt laval closer to montreal than quebec city?

I think you are thinking of Laval, Quebec which is near Montreal. While University of Laval is in QC. That's called Laval stadium(PEPS I believe) for the Reouge D'Or or something close spelling wise.

ooooh...ok.

heres a pic of QC divided by its boroughs:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7c/Quebecarr.jpg/300px-Quebecarr.jpg

where would the best spot for a NEW stadium be?...hopefuly someone familiar with the area can say.

is it still PEPS stadium?