Sportsnet CFL Power Rankings

Rankings for week 1

http://www4.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/powerrankings/

comments?

I think the best comments speak for themselves. We're still #1. Our defensive unit was outstanding, Ray couldn't move, Crandell got over the bumps he encountered in the first half, and all in all, we are deserving of #1. I disagree with the number two spot. I believe Calgary should be in there.

First place! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! ....lol

Go Riders!

I think it should definately be calgary in number two they all but dismantled the top team regular season team from last year...

Couldn't you use that argument to actually make Calgary #1?

Honestly, I prefer being considered lower on the rankings (like TSN's) and exceed expectations than have to be high up to have to meet expecations. But in the end, it doesn't really matter. Whether the team wins or loses depends on what they do on the field, not where some journalists rank them.

You could go further and say the Riders won against a team they should have beaten. Considering that the Esks are a lower-echelon team in this league, you could put Calgary #1 and the Riders #2, and you could put them in a tie as well.

...or you could put the Riders lower, since they were supposed to beat the Esks...and I think TSN did just that. If you look at their rankings, you'll see Calgary at first, and Saskatchewan at fourth...

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/

maybe im seeing things, but it has BC as 1-0-0... and argos 0-1-0 and montreal as 0-1-0...

shouldn't bc be 0-1-0
argos be 1-0-0
montreal 1-0-0
Winipeg 0-1-0
Edmonton 0-1-0
??? - or am i totally off my rocker?

hell most of the teams are wrong unless im a goof and its not 'wins-losses-ties' ?

can someone shed-light on this ?

and as for power ranks i'd put calgary #1, riders #2, als #3, argos #4, bombers #5, bc #6, then tied at disfuntional esks and tabbies.

I think sportsnet has the riders to high. They only dominated the game early and in the last quarter offensively, in a game they were expected to win. Whereas Calgary battled a team everyone is predicting to win it all....

Green2thebone wrote: I think it should definately be calgary in number two they all but dismantled the top team regular season team from last year...

Couldn't you use that argument to actually make Calgary #1?

I know its an old worn out saying but to be the best you have to beat the best.....Sask won the grey cup which is the ultimate prize players play for so until they are beating by someone they deserve the number one spot....Calgary still close at two though

sorry my grammar is terribleā€¦until the riders are beaten by somoneā€¦the riders deserve top spot

Edited