Spergon Wynn: Chronicles of a journeyman

Good one Big Dave missed that one you see Baron is dropping in popularity already! A shortage of CFl experience QB’s brings Wynn up in my opinion. You can easily replace a linebacker but and experienced CFL QB come on now. I am still laughing at the trhee you guys have in Bomberland.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that is the point I was getting at Simpson is one guy and do not forget the system to will be an adjustment as well. Baron is not even in the same league as Grace, White, and Ebein. But in saying this is like talking to a dead carp!

.......papa may have a point red in saying last years stats are flawed because Barrin was playing in a system he disliked, or couldn't rise to his A game in.....IMO a Pro rises to his A game no matter what, but's that's just me.....we'll see what Barrin does, we'll see.....

It will be interesting to see Simpson in Winnipeg! He will need to learn a new system for one and who are the guys that will support him here. Time will tell

if he played offense he could probably give ol Tucker a good run…you sadly underestimate this guy…you do so at your own peril…lol lol…we’ll see who is going to be laughing last…red ol buddy…Oh and I see you finally straightened out in your mind what an fa. is…yup Tucker was one…Wynn WASN’T… :lol:

Well pappa again you area bit late on that one as Billy has already corrected me on that one and I thnak him for that. Simpson better then Tucker now we know the water out in Winterpeg has too much misquito larva in it. Baron Simpson is a middle of the pack linebacker in the CFL. There are many ahead of him as far as I am concerned. Wally gave up on him not just because of money! If he was good he would have hung onto him. But you are right we will see and I have that crow ready for you to eat there Pappa!
Pappa’s Crow Pizza Pie!

I would put Grace ahaead of Simpson in LB's, but as for pure middle linebacker, I would rather have Simpson then White. George White is a hell of a football player, but he is not a pure middle linebacker, and would not be able to fullfill that roll in a 4-3 system. Same goes with Eiben. Barren Simpson is not a middle of the road linebacker, he is definetly in the top echelon.

.......correctomundo there........White is more a DE than a MLB....a terror on the outside.....and I'd say Barrin is better than average too........much better than average.....

…a fact that red is grappling with…but he’ll come around…once he gets his facts straight… :arrow:

I would disagree with you red, I would say White is more of an OLB playing inside. When he played for us he was an outside linebacker. When he came back Hunt was here and White couldn't displace him. I still wish we had him though, One of my favorite players in the league.

I agree with pap and others. Barin Simpson is still and has been one of the TOP LB's in the league. This fact seems to only be disputed because he signed with WINNIPEG!!! If we all take a deep breath, and look at the #'s, he's not mid of the pack...and lemme throw this out there. Barin S is not the only player on our defence. Canada, Flemming, Walls, Brown,Charleton,Marlborough, make the odds alot better than 7 on 1. anyways, if Rod Rust hadn't bailed on our sad-sack coach last year our defence woud've known where to line up. and not gotten lit up so much.... U ALL SHALL SEE!!!!!

Who are those guys never heard of them!

Thanks Billy I still say Wynn would be the QB that would do the Riders a lot of good.

..........DE.........OLB........semantics really, how about 'the guy on the end of the front line in the two point stance that can drop back for pass protection too'.........and before we dismiss White's usefulness at the MLB position, he did lead the league in tackles last year with 116.....and tied first for forced fumbles.......not bad for a guy playing out of his natural position....maybe Barrin should've played like that too?........

..........guya, it was a cheeky comment, the 7-1 thing.....I wasn't serious........

....red ....Wynn is now an Argo.....I think he'll be Damons back-up for quite awhile...Riders could still trade for him .... but what would they give up to get him....dosen't seem plausible...practical....or probable..... :roll:

.....they could offer Keith........Keith for Wynn, straight up.....with Crouch being touted as a suitable backup they wouldn't lose on that trade.........

Pappa you are correct I am saying if there is a QB in the league that was available he would be the one that would be a good fit for the Riders. yes, he is a backup for now but anything is possible. Now who is worried ha ha ha ha! The Riders are still better then the bombers for now!

...Crouch does not have any CFL. experience....and if Allen ever went down ...the Argos would be in deep trouble....at least Wynn is a viable option.........but Keith for Wynn sounds good on paper....but from what i hear out of Regina ...Keith has been a very bad boy.....and teams are shying away from him....he may be carrying a lot of baggage....as well as the football.. :roll: