Speculation on the Rider starting QB in 23

Sounds like the new increases in base players cap are squeezing out any new money that some of the vets can get.

TV deal should be sold on a game by game basis. Anyone remember when this happened in the past as a kid I remember CTV and CBC had games on. But I guess on the other hand more money up front with one network having the contract. We all knoow the NFL is on a few networks and generate lots of cash.

Remember the CFL Network they had games on CHCH and other local stations

I speculate that the riders will have a QB…

And I speculate that unless ODay finds some decent o-linemen, it won't matter who ends up as the Riders' quarteback

3 Likes

Joel Figueroa and Colin Kelly would help. Riders need experience at OT imo

This article pretty much confirms what I and a bunch of other people are saying.... the Riders mgmt is not creating a place where talent wants to come

1 Like

:thinking:

In reality, while the Roughriders were an early and obvious consideration for a quarterback in need of a new home, they rapidly fell out of favour as a preferred destination.

“I don’t want to speak poorly about anybody or over-speak about anybody but I didn’t see the moves that maybe I wanted,” Mitchell explained.

“There’s a lot of things that go into it. Your GM and your head coach are on one-year deals and that doesn’t mean a lot but it means that there’s a chance that you could only be there a year depending on new guys,” he noted.

A lot of running for your life type of scrambling plays

2 Likes

ruuunnnnn!

1 Like

Thanks to coaching cap rules.
The rebuild starts after 2023 when the riders can fire the GM and the coach without a significant penalty.
One more reason why the CFL is always going to struggle. They keep shooting themselves into the head not the foot. Riders are one of the few teams that could have afforded to fire these two dead men walking but get screwed because 7 teams cannot afford to do what the riders need to do

4 Likes

Having so many free agents is likely doing the same. You can't have as many free agents as we do now without devaluing the average player.

1 Like

…to be fair, #64 had a contact pop out right then and the OL had a pretty good idea where it was…

4 Likes

I think i was that game...there were so many times this same scene took place though it is hard to judge if i was actually at that game though.

1 Like

i thought those 3 guys on their hands and knees were looking for a 4 leaf clover so they might have more luck at winning.

From Farhan

From Dunigan

1 Like

i honestly hope Dane Evans goes to the riders and has a career year. but not holding my breath because i think Dickenson is the opposite of his brother and doesn’t know how to be a head coach and put his quarterback in a situation to be successful.

1 Like

My hope is that Dane stays where he is. He is a fantastic backup who can come in when required and be amazing. He was not yet ready to step in to the number one spot and it affected his confidence. In Hamilton he will get the chance to be mentored by a Hall of Famer and in a couple of years he will be ready for prime time. The worst that could happen to Dane is to put him in Saskatchewan where he will have all the fan pressure and not much in the way of mentoring.

3 Likes

yea i think going to riders might be setting himself up for failure. i really don’t see O’Day and Dickenson lasting beyond next season unless they produce a miracle grey cup or something.

Any quarterback going to Regina this year is setting themselves up for failure. And as Bo so effectively stated in his interview, the players can see this.

2 Likes