sorry not flutie its dejardins

As an Argo fan, I'm concerned about this. This actually seems to be an excellent choice.

Damn sporting of the Als to let a bi-lingual guy go too.

An Argo fan

Sort of like how Edmonton threw us a lifeline maas of a destruction?
Sorry, had to do this, maybe Jason will be better under the new TiCat administration and coaching unfolding.

:oops:

Like I wrote earlier...it seems like a quid pro quo that helped grease the skids, Ockham. I don't like the Belli on paper, but I do think Marcel is a difference-maker in the making. Popp and him were a great team in Montreal. He is a Hamilton-area guy with great contacts and an affinity to the Ticat franchise. Can't ask for a more qualified hire.

Oski Wee Wee,

Taffe is a possibility but so is Kevin Strasser.

Yes he is, but Strasser is more of a gamble.

Strasser may be on the staff as a coordinator if he were free to migrate. Of the two, I would choose Taaffe as HC, hands down. A lot more mileage.

I've never heard of this guy but he sounds like the perfect fit for this job! Good luck to him!

Finally, we have the start of something positive. Lancaster may need to say for the rest of the year but if that what it takes to get a good qualified coach then so be it.

Marcel is excellent hire for you guys.

Too bad for new Ottawa team -- he would have been perfect fit there.

BTW: This is coming from an Als' fan.

Nah - Mr. Katz phoned a friend… :oops:

Sounds good.

Difficult to see it NOT be Taafe given their previous relationship.
But the past and a good resume doesnt gurantee anything.
It comes down to "vision" and "philosophy" Which Young, Desjardins and Taafe have to see eye to eye on.
E.G. what happens to the relationship with MAC?

Being here in Montreal, I know Marcel from keeping up with the Als (they are my #2 team). No doubt that this is a signal sent across the league that the mess is being attended to. Fresh blood in a CFL front office is always a good thing.

What Marcel can do is recruit players and attract good coaches. I am sure that this is his time to shine.

Oski Wee Wee,

popp is the best gm in the league which desjardins has benefitted. it doesn't matter if he left the als now, they are basically set with their club coming up the stretch run and the cats pose no threat remainder of the season.
cats also wanted a head start for next season to set a blueprint and to give the fans an angle before they decide to renew.
a good move i believe, but id rather still have buratto or chapdelaine as hg over taffee

Bring me up to date please. When was it reported that Ron Lancaster would not be back with this organization next year? Maybe I did sleep through the good news.

Isn't Chapdelaine known for being a pass-first OC? Sorry, I just don't see Hamilton without a running game. We tried that this year and look at the results. I like Taaffe. From what I've heard he's all about the balanced attack. Hopefully we can land him. It seems like he's chomping at the bit wanting to get in on this little mess. I'm now excited about the remainder of the season and the 2007 campaign.

Lancaster has done everything for this organization ever since he came here. His last two seasons coaching has shown his age but he's always the consumate professional. I'm sure the organization will treat him with the proper respect at the end of the year whatever happens.

In 1999 and 2000, having Air Calvillo and Mike Pringle on all cylinders was pretty scary. Taaffe is about sound, fundamental football...knocking guys around, as Ronnie would say.

Oski Wee Wee,

Only because he has Dickenson for QB and until recently Printers too. He mixes in the run effectively.

An Argo fan

That they should and they will.

Ron Lancaster deserves a neon sign on the Wall of Fame, IMHO.

No good football man has taken more garbage from more dumpster denizens with no clue about how football organizations are run.

Ron stuck it through bankruptcy and CFL trusteeship – even when the team’s staplers were being impounded…a thankless task when the team was being smoked on the field through sheer inability to recruit to compete.

Enough. I don’t like wasting bandwidth rehashing the obvious.

Oski Wee Wee,