sorry not flutie its dejardins

8) Thanks Kevin, you're a good man !!!

Too serious ,Russ,we're here to speculate too,not just quote url"s..... :wink:

Marcel has always been in the mix as a guy who could assume this role. I'm pumped about this. I am pleased the Als allowed him to talk to the Cats about this hire.

I wouldn't say that it was a quid pro quo to us trading Belli, but it certainly greased the skids for the speed of this taking place.

Oski Wee Wee,

Prediction! (bury it in the back of your head)

[b]You heard it here first!

Now that a solid football knowledged GM is in place...

Ron Lancaster will be burnt toast at years end.

Gonzo, folks. [/b]

Nice prediction, he was never coming back next year... where have you been for 2 months now?

From the Ticats Insider:

"Desjardins was the Assistant GM with the Montreal Alouettes the last five seasons. The Burlington native was responsible for contract negotiations, scouting, salary management, budget operations, training camp and player related administrative issues for the team. He also brings a wealth of football operations expertise and contacts working with the Canadian Football League head office for five years supervising league transactions where he also interacted with the NFL, NFL Europe, and Arena Football League. "

There ya go…

Prediction: Ralph Sazio will not be in the Cats front office next year. <<<< in the same vein! LMAO

No slight to The Master. :wink:

I think it's a done deal! Good call crash! :thup: :thup:

Great news !!! Anyone notice Justaguys TSN link started FLAMBOROUGH, ONTARIO :

What's with that?

8) Hmmmmm, sounds like you are trying to follow McMahon with predictions like that one !!!!! Unreal !!!

From all I can surmise -- and I use that word, see? -- Marcel and Charlie get along very well. In all my readings of things Als, I believe that this would be a great tandem if it were to occur.

It makes sense for Taaffe to stay clear of the current imbroglio, IMHO. Certainly Marcel will be on top of the seven-game audition for 2007 and will have Taaffe or another choice for head coach up to speed on what is happening here when the hire is made.

Oski Wee Wee,

[b]A dog names Molson eh.

As a welcoming present we should all chip in and get him a orange tabby and call it Lakeport :>)))[/b]

As much as some people have slammed Katz's lack of football experience I think that overall his effect on the team was a positive one. When we had a need, he seemed to quickly and efficiently have a player located, signed sealed and flown to Hamilton.

I would sum things up in that he gave the coaches the tools to be successful and if they chose not to use those tools in their proper context and to their best advantage then in no way shape or form is he liable.

Just my two cents worth, but I do like the Lakeport idea. I don't know how Molson would feel though :>))

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=175683&hubname=

hopefully this is the start of a dynasty in steeltown and a new revolution.

Who

mcmahon isn't a human,it is a computer with a bad virus.

Wendy Wolf interview Our New GM
He Said he was on the road for last 3 weeks
but he did see the last half of the Rider Game..

He was Glad he was Brought in now so he could see where we need help..

He is now looking for head coach to take over asap..

It's not Likley He Find one He Said..

Ronnie may have Finnish the year..

Very Good Interview

Speaking about Lakeport, their Pilsener is excellent, much more full bodied taste compared with the popular Lagers out there, and less expensive also.

The Flamborough reference is to the location of the Cats Annual Golf tournament.

Great hire guys. :thup: :thup: :thup:

Bring on Charlie!

I like it...I like it a lot.

Maybe the Belli trade was a thank you for allowing negotiations during the season.

The interesting part of this story to me is how Montreal saw fit to let him go mid-season. I like to think it's because there is still some camaraderie in this league, and that the 8 remaining teams all realize that no one can afford to watch a counterpart go down. Maybe Montreal threw us a lifeline.