Sorry...Casey it's time to say goodbye to you.

The writting is on the wall.
No more this are that's.....
He is not the guy that is going to be leading the Offence in 2009.
The clock has just struck 12....and the time is up.
What ever he had in BC, is long gone.
A shame really, like a lot of other fans, I had high hopes, when he can to town.
Best of luck to him.
And allow me to be the first....to drive him to the airport, to catch his plane.

:thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

Cheers.

Don't let him forget his popcorn, it tastes like sh*t

Both you guys...have no idea...Did you see the horrible protection?...Did printers not engineer a TD last night...when Casey scrambles you think he always wants to...?? what QB doesnt want to sit back and throw and pick apart the defense?...Where you guys at the game?...Did you not see the blocking schemes change in the second half?? Too much heat thrown Casey's way....I think he is trying to hard because he is trying to impress idiots like you guys...and he wants to win the fans over....I stand behind Casey all the way...always have always will...know what it is like to be the man behind the center...being the most important position on the field..

Same Line Porter used

Only Difference was The Dropback
Porter was 3 most times
Casey was 5 Most Times
Release was Quicker with Porter.
Casey Look for open Guy Longer and held on.

Casey also had drops go against him.... They had no film on Porter, etc.

Zing

Im just so tired of the love for backup QB's... look at Dinwiddie, they GAVE him a veteran team to run with and he failed.

Quinton may not even get the start vs BC, although i dont think its gonna matter who we start.

8) But you started another topic on here, predicting that 2009 would be our long awaited turnaround year, back to a force to be recokened with in the CFL !!
Now you want to get rid of our starting QB  !!

Who exactly will lead us back to respectability then  ???    Porter  ??   Williams ??       <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Printer is playing horrible, he hangs on to the ball far to long and leaves the pocket to soon. When porter came in the o-line looked fine. Porter is a lot like D-Mac he gets rid of the ball quick neutralizing the opposing teams blitz. Casey tries to just run every time he sees a blitz. Its in the best interest of this team to see if Porter is as good as he has looked to date and if he is move Printers. The extra money should be spent on our defence.

Caseys fumble near our goal line when he pumped faked ,then dropped the ball was the last straw for me,he's a great runner and I believe great running QB's bail out early rather than learn to throw the ball because they can scramble....as opposed to a Danny Mac who had to learn the quick release of his passes due to a lack of scrambling ability so to speak.......
Having said that he was under alot of pressure and I'm not a QB coach or OC who knows he should be releasing the ball sooner......
Bottom line is it's time to let go of the Casey experiment for my 2 cents worth.....

You know the funny thing in the cfl is we ussually trade our good players away for nothing! But now that might be a good thing!
Why? All the NFL cuts coming our way!:wink:

I agree what ever Casey had in BC or in Kansas City Training Camp has not transferd to Hamilton. Casey should not be our guy to lead the team - as previously stated spend the money on our defence and offensive line.
Money well spent…

SJ:

Hate to say it but you are right.
Batten down the hatches though because you will now be attacked by the same crowd that wanted Maas to have more time, Charlie to have more time, the team to have more time and now Casey to have more time. They seem unable to distinguish barely average player talent from the very good until it is way too late.
I like the way the offence has changed to become much more aggressive since Marcel B took over. But even designing plays to give Casey a chance to run has not worked well. Its time to move on.
I thought Porter showed us a lot of great potential last night and he showed us more than Printers or Williams have ever shown. Strong arm, strong runner, gets rid of the ball quickly and looks comfortable.
We need him to start next week.

Printers was holding onto the ball too long, and threw some bad passes. There was nothing wrong with the protection.

And the biggest problem I have with Printers is how he always tries to escape a blitz and deek out the blitzer instead of throwing to his hot read.

But you started another topic on here, predicting that 2009 would be our long awaited turnaround year, back to a force to be recokened with in the CFL !!

Now you want to get rid of our starting QB !!

Who exactly will lead us back to respectability then ??? Porter ?? Williams ??

Tipper.....Yes I do think the team is getting closer to being a force in the CFL, and yes I do think that by the start of the 2009 our Cats...will be there.
And it is my hope that Printers...is long gone by then. I have no problem going with Porter or Williams...or Williams and Porter, as the 1 and 2 guys, at QB.

Casey is no dought a fine fella, and all those other nice things...as a person.
But IMO he has lost what made him so great...back in 2004, and it shows, big time.
Being a 'nice guy' does not and has not won games for the Ti-Cats. He eye-locks on a single receiver...and if the receiver isn't open...he runs. His passing at best, is only sub-par. Blaming the O-line for Casey's troubles....well, I simply think that is a cop-out...against the fact that Printers is simply not getting it done, in Hamilton.
Best of luck to him, and I truly mean that.
With some other team...CFL, NFL, it matters not, to me.

Cheers.

SJ:

Hate to say it but you are right.
Batten down the hatches though because you will now be attacked by the same crowd that wanted Maas to have more time, Charlie to have more time, the team to have more time and now Casey to have more time. They seem unable to distinguish barely average player talent from the very good until it is way too late.
I like the way the offence has changed to become much more aggressive since Marcel B took over. But even designing plays to give Casey a chance to run has not worked well. Its time to move on.
I thought Porter showed us a lot of great potential last night and he showed us more than Printers or Williams have ever shown. Strong arm, strong runner, gets rid of the ball quickly and looks comfortable.
We need him to start next week.

It's all ok,...mr62cats.

In the end....we are all Tiger-Cat fans.
And what-ever has to be done to continue to improve our team, long term.....it's all great.

Cheers.

The writing isn't on the wall,

it's written on the chalkboard
and it can be erased very easily

for a variety of reasons.

People were passing around the koolaid
annointing Williams as # 1 not long ago,

That koolaid doesn't taste good anymore?

The tradition continues.

P.S.

I like all 3 QBs and I will be fine with
whoever Marcel chooses week by week.

You can't possibly be watching the same game I did!!

That might be the silliest thing I've ever seen one here. And that's saying a hell of alot.

"the

Montreal has six QB's so Hamilton having 3 is about right...