Sophomore Acklin has taken long path to becoming Hamilton Tiger-Cats leading receiver

Great Article about Wide Reciever Jaelon Acklin https://www.thestar.com/sports/football/cfl/2021/10/20/sophomore-acklin-has-taken-long-path-to-becoming-hamilton-tiger-cats-leading-receiver.html?fbclid=IwAR1y7HrrSrI_V9ZNqdmoZW1Pr7S6H3MIz9CgRVA2QGHP2ZdBiu7687gV0qw

2 Likes

Thanks for the article.
I think it's digusting that we have to read Tiger-Cats news in a Toronto newspaper. On the Spec, there hasn't been an article (other than random notes by Steve Milton) on them in NINE DAYS!

1 Like

Even worse is the fact that the Spec is owned by the Star that put out that story about Acklin. Surely they can show it in the Spec.

2 Likes

Must be because Toronto is more of a football town than Hamilton.

4 Likes

I just fired off an e-mail to Sports editor Jeff Day at the Spec.

1 Like

And here’s his quick response:

The Jaelon Acklin story was in our paper for use today until we were able to get a story for deadline on the Forge FC game. The Acklin story will be included in the paper tomorrow and online today.

Thanks,
Jeff

And there it is! Sports News | The Spec

3 Likes

Yeah the star bought the spec, looks like this article was originally on Canadian press but the star shared it which is why it’s not blocked by a Pay wall.

Your welcome

Great noticing. Not even a TORStar reporter. Its from a wire service. Spec wouldnt run it even with someone else doing the work cheaper from a service they already subscribe to.
Tell me again how this business model train wreck is so vital that it needs to be subsidized by us.

1 Like

See my comment (#6 above). I contacted them. The Spec has put it on their site today and it will be in the paper tomorrow. They had a good reason to delay it a day. BTW it was written by Dan Ralph of Canadian Press…

1 Like

Yet, they hae a journalist on staff that has written tonnes of articles on the team. I have all the respect in the world for Dan Ralph - he’s put in his dues over the years.

1 Like

"Acklin had five catches for 59 yards in a 64-14 win over the Toronto Argonauts and has remained on the roster ever since"

It seems like a lifetime ago we could put up 64 points in a game :joy: