Somebody explain to me...

...how there can be large groups of people leaving the stadium with 4 minutes to go and the Cats up by 1. Why did they go in the first place? We couldn't believe it!

Leaving the stadium or just their sections? After getting stuck in that unmoving line at Labour day game my plan is head to south side exits early and watch the end of game from there.
PS who cares! We won tonight!

Leaving the stadium, we noticed the same thing from our seats in 218 - huge crouds walking out, unbelievable.

Leaving the stadium. We were in 218 as well (too bad Crash, we might have met... I had the cowbell in row 24) and people were just streaming out.

I was in row 27, I had an EE fan with me. We left our seats at half time and watch from the south endzone, after I gave him a tour of THF. Met Bruce the 13th man

I was in row 27, I had an EE fan with me. We left our seats at half time and watch from the south endzone, after I gave him a tour of THF. Met Bruce the 13th man

it does seem weird, but we sit in out seats for 20 -30 minutes AFTER the game so a lot of the crowd is gone and it’s less frustrating, we discuss the game and listen to the 5th quarter.

With the new gates open it took us less than 10 minutes to get out. Likely 5. Not sure why people are thinking its that congested...

I haven't used my seat for the 2nd half for the last two games. It's too much fun to be on that south patio. Yes, if you leave right after the end of the game it's a little congested but you can get out quite fast IMO. I suppose some people don't like crowds and leave early to get out of that crammed parking lot.

Guys, I've got it. Some people watch from the concourse. Some go down to the concourse with a couple of minutes to go in order to get out quickly. What I don't get - in the middle of a nailbiter finish - is ANYBODY supporting EITHER team leaving. During this time when at least several hundred left the game was completely in doubt. The Schmoes had the wind and a single ties the game. FOUR minutes to go.

So go down near the gate. Get ready to run out. But you stay to 4 minutes from the end in a game that close and THEN you leave the stadium. Still can't figure it out.

I agree, plus with your team on defense, they need the 13th man to help make noise and if you've left, you can't do that.